Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 10-30-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
StigTC

Something went screwy on the server.

Meet the triplets: http://tinypic.com/f5gd0 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Did Ziroc add some new guards to Durnan's tavern? http://tinypic.com/f5krn

Nothing beats self confidence, just be carefull it doesn't lead to selfworshipping: http://tinypic.com/f5kwi

Of course it's better than so much hatred that you end up threatening yourself: http://tinypic.com/f5kxw

I didn't know Roddybug had spells like that: http://tinypic.com/f5mjb

Don't you just hate it when people wear the same outfit as you to a party? http://tinypic.com/f5np0

Doesn't the game usually prevent you from logging in multiple times? http://tinypic.com/f5npj

Just because the server goes funny on you doesn't mean you can't have fun.

[ 10-30-2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

OMG Stig, those were hilarious. I can almost see you there with a checklist of scenes to try out, and then timing your screen capture.

Have you figured out what it may have been, a bug in your install or something in a hak pak?
Old 10-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I think it was the server as it happened to a few characters.

It was classic to see Stig talking to himself.

BTW looks like whatever was causing all that has crashed the server as its now offine.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:13 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

WEIRD indeed! Save those shots!!! I will download them later from the links!

PS: I looked at the serverlist and saw something I NEVER have seen before. A blank space between users in the list. Like someone used a blank space as their name. I went to 'boot' it, seeing if that would work, but nope. That may have been a dupe. lol. My god, no wonder I was seeing 23/24 logged in and only saw a few folks in there.

ODD. Damn it Roddy! You and yer spells!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:41 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I saw something like 40 supposedly there but in reality I think it was maybe 9 of us! Crazy night!
Old 10-31-2004, 02:28 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Typical Halloween Night!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:12 AM   #7
StigTC

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
I think it was the server as it happened to a few characters.

It was classic to see Stig talking to himself.

BTW looks like whatever was causing all that has crashed the server as its now offine.
I think it was a combination of the two. All three players that had characters getting stuck where playing from my internet connection. Both tombruun and bruunj are mates of mine that are here for our weekendly LAN. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What usually happens is that my internet boots one or two of us from the game, but only on nights where the moon and stars are just in the right positions do we actually get stuck in the game (due to lag and the server not noticing that there's no player at the end of a character I think).
What specifically causes the crashes I can't tell though since it only does it in NWN, other games have no problems running.

I might add that I never get thrown out when I'm playing alone on my internet connection, or atleast not due to the same bug.

[ 10-31-2004, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:22 AM   #8
StigTC

On a non-bugrelated notice.
I did have a few shots in mind that I would have loved to make, but pushing and showing the characters around was a real hassle and it wasn't always easy to get a new character stuck exactly where you wanted them to.

So I'm affraid I didn't get any shots of Varag fighting himself in the PvP area, I do however have one of tombruun's Angry Killer fighting herself in the PvP area, just forgot to put that particular picture up.

Can anyone find on the tinypic.com page how long they leave the pics up for by the way? I searched but could not find. :/
Old 10-31-2004, 09:31 AM   #9
StigTC

We seem to have pinpointed the problem now, either the switch (between us and the router) or the router isn't distributing the data properly and thus sending for example my signals to either bruunj or tombruun.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
StigTC

Ok, not the switch either, we've tried two different switches and a hub now, and it still does it.
This means that it's either my internet connection or the router.