Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-22-2003, 12:35 AM   #21
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Gee Whiz, guys your dragging this out longer than the time it would take me to decide if I was going to ask a girl out or not. Honestly that's not a good thing.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-22-2003, 12:44 AM   #22
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Stormymystic, is this multi-level marketing or a modified broker/agency business? You'd have to be wary about involving yourself with the former (a lot of your profit winds up being funneled up the ladder to those above you), but the latter is a much more stable--and potentially profitable--venture. Good luck! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:22 AM   #23
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Stormymystic, is this multi-level marketing or a modified broker/agency business? You'd have to be wary about involving yourself with the former (a lot of your profit winds up being funneled up the ladder to those above you), but the latter is a much more stable--and potentially profitable--venture. Good luck! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
ummm, not sure, lol, I do know that the profit I make is mine, I get 30% on my own account set up, and 7 % on those below me. Say I set you up an account, and you decided to become involved with the company on a buisness level, I get money on the products you buy, plus, I make money on the people you sign up as well, there for, say I have 5 people under me, that is 30% of each persons monthly useage of the company, say each person spends $50, that is $15, which turns into $75 a month, and suppose each person under me brings in people who do the same, at 7% that becomes $87.50 add that to the $75, becomes 162.5, this is just an estimate, because I myself spen over $100 on their products, lol, but it is good things, that I buy anyway, just safer for the envoirment, now you understand? or is it even more complicated?

P.S. i am not advertising my company just trying to explain how I am able to do it, and make money off of it, I am making money, surprise surprise, and each month, I will make more
Old 10-22-2003, 01:30 AM   #24
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Um, SG, I can't really sympathize with your post. The thing about "fooling with their women" or whatever...well, that would make anyone mad, especially after you beat them in football...the #1 middle school team...and they date high schoolers! Freshman no doubt....wooo mommy take us to the movies! *snickers* sorry, just find that funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hey firestorm, Chris likes you, just ask her out bro! I'm sure she'll say yes

Well, my brain is sufficently fried for tonight (damn studying). Hows everyone else?
Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 AM   #25
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Oh, commission-based sales. The real difference between MLM and broker/agency is found by asking this question: at some point in the future do you "break off" into your own reasonably independent organization within the overall structure or do you simply move up the residual commission ladder as you add more people in your group? If you "break off" then you are in a broker/agency; otherwise, you are in MLM.
That being said, commission-based sales can be tough (I certainly didn't get too far on my first test flight [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but very rewarding financially. I look on the bright side--I still have a license to sell life/health insurance and I need only the exam fee to earn a license to sell securities/annuities.
In either case, stick with it. As my former RVP says, "financial independence hurts".

Now that I've bored most everyone else in the Cafe, I'll stop talking about business. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:22 AM   #26
Link
Jack Burton

Hullo everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Been playing WC III: The Frozen Throne almost non-stop since yesterday [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Awsome game that!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #27
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:

P.S. i am not advertising my company just trying to explain how I am able to do it, and make money off of it, I am making money, surprise surprise, and each month, I will make more
Did you have to pay anything to join?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 AM   #28
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

hey everyone! my ultrasound is today!!!! one more chance to find out if the question mark in my sig should be pink or blue! i am so excited!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:36 AM   #29
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Hey guys Im in school in multimedia/web page we are learning to use dreamweaver. Its a html program for mac. Its pretty fun im doing good with it. So how are all you guys doing?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #30
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Good luck RR hope your wishes come true

Hi all just popping in to see what all is going on round here. I just got back form vacation and I already need another one [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]