Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-17-2001, 10:58 PM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I wasn't sure what it was supposed to be doing at first when I saw it, but it's lining up to hit who you target. It was really cool when I went into the Dead Nation and got smacked up by it. I thought the way it was swerving that I could dodge it, but that's not how it works. It got even better when I could cast the thing.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:02 PM   #12
Armisael

So it works more like the true spell?

Old 01-17-2001, 11:12 PM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

To be honest with you, I thought that Spiritual Hammer woulda put a hammer in my hand to fight someone with. Not that it would actually put one up in the air to put the smack down on someone. It doesn't do that much damage at lower levels, but when you get up pretty high, it does wonders. Jeez, that priest really put the smack down on me. I think he hit me for around 46 hp of damage (I saved too). That's the one bad thing (or good depending on how you look at it) about Torment, they didn't tell you what spells to expect. They gave you a couple of examples, but there were many spells in the game. My favorites were Abyssal Fury - 9th Level, Meteor Swarm (really cool cut scene showing magic going into space and pulling asteroids down on your enemy) - 8th Level, Ax of Torment - 3rd level, Elysium's Tears - 3rd level. They all just had really cool animations. I never did use Celestial Host, but I would bet that was really cool too. That was another 9th level spell that combined 4 other spells together.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:19 PM   #14
Armisael

Damn. How come the planesmen get all the nice spell effects? ; )

Old 01-18-2001, 07:03 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Replying a bit late because of everyone's different time zones. Armisael, when you are just joining the board, it is getting late here so I end up having to bow out. Hate that. In response to me being a PALADIN, give me a break, I'm no expert on the "perfect character." I end up thinking mage, fighter? I don't know, Paladin seemed at the time like an in between. I used a Paladin in BGI and got through it, so it's a safe zone in my mind I guess. I'm no diehard D&Der, so I still have much to learn. Can't remember why I picked the Cavelier, must have been some reason. Maybe because that is what I drive. I don't have a whole lot of patience with character creation. Sooo, what did you peg me at instead of Paladin Armisael? Curious. As for my name "Ladyzekke", my nickname in life is Zekke (sounds like zeek) so I just added the "Lady" part so people would know I was a female (some names on this board leave you wondering). That is it. It is not anything to do with me taking on some noblewoman persona. So, in summary, if my board name and my BGII character don't seem to jibe, welcome to my life. Why don't we have a poll on the history behind all our "Names" we use on this Board? Armisael, you may begin. hehe
Old 01-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

By the way, why did you say to not kill Firkraag Armisael? Now that I'm out from the Underdark, I'm ready to go get him!
Old 01-18-2001, 09:32 PM   #17
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe you can have a stronghold as a paladin after all? in Windspear hills???
Old 01-18-2001, 09:48 PM   #18
Armisael

Ah... simple questions first. Don't kill Firkraag, because he's part of the last paladin stronghold quest. Kill him after you get that.
Meant no insult at all with that comment, mind. Most paladins tend to adopt the 'self-styled champion of justice' persona, which generally makes me want to replay my last meal backwards. I would've said thief, assassin, illusionist or somesuch - s'pose you can't judge a book by its cover, though.
My name belongs to some Angel. Bit of a misnomer, really, but I've gotten used to it.

Old 01-18-2001, 10:40 PM   #19
Ladyzekke

I like the idea of Illusionist. Don't know how well that would do in BGII as a main character though. Thiefs no good though, not in my personality. I may be small but have a "want some get some!" attitude. No sneaking around. Don't worry about the Ladyzekke thing, Tobbin was the one mentioning that one. You don't seem much like an "Angel" Armisael (too cool), but perhaps a fallen angel? Considered evil but really just misunderstood! By the way, what is your main character??
Old 01-18-2001, 11:03 PM   #20
Armisael

I've used the same nick for about ten years, I might've been a bit more naive back then. But don't feed my ego, you'll create a monster. ; )
I'm a dualled fighter mage. Favourite character hands down.