Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-25-2004, 10:20 AM   #31
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, now this is a sport I can get into! Im gonna become a v-ball enthusiast!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM   #32
Target
Red Dragon

Day and night games so it's on alot of the time!! Shame the games are every 4 years!!
The cheerleaders were good to!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #33
Target
Red Dragon

Just remembered, the Gold medal was won by USA they defeated Brazil in the final.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 08-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #34
Jonas Strider
Manshoon

I think they should make a dupe gold and give it to the Koreans. No need to make Hamm give it back when clearly it's the judges fault not Hamm. And to add my personal note, I'm really uncomfortable when other people are bashing the USA. Back off! We are just competing like other athletes. Those judges just need to do their jobs right! I was mad too when the judges are screwing it up.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:14 PM   #35
Davros
Takhisis Follower

From what I hear overnight Jonas, your gymnastics association tried to negotiate some copy gold medal for the Korean. It's no the real thing though - is it? I am not knocking Hamm or the US in this - the judges got it wrong - the gymnastics federation and the IOC should have the balls to fix the mess. That's who I am disappointed with. It's not up to Hamm to fix this. I don't know if the "suits" are worried about offending the US - I think it's strange that they didn't take the obvious course of action and switch the medals.

And on a brighter note - Australia is having its' best OS olympics ever. Never have we done better whilst competing on foreign shores. Just a pity that we couldn't climb over Cuba last night in the gold medal final of the baseball.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #36
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Um.... No? NBC does not show anything but USA teams/competitors competing. CBC does; 100m men's final, 200m women's final, and stuff like that.
The CBC has to show non Canadian competitors competing for medals, otherwise they would have very little content to air. If you look at how the CBC broadcast past olympics you would see that the more successful Canadian athletes are the less CBC focuses on non Canadian athletes. Perhaps if the U.S. won few medals, they would show more finals without U.S competitors. As it is they tend to be very successful, so NBC has alot of American content to choose from.

Although I mostly watch the CBC for the olympics, I believe NBC does show non U.S. content in the non prime time hours and on its cable channels; While the prime time hours tend to be just highligts of the day focusing on American athletes.