Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 12:28 AM   #11
Entreri
Manshoon

Another strange thing .. Viconia. Her house name is DeVir. But on the RA Salvator's novels, The House Devir was eliminated exept for Alton Devir by the Do Urden house. And in the same times, Drizzt was on the surface. So it is impossible by the story that another DeVir is still alive. And if she was on the surface before Drizzt, He will know about her by reputation of Another Drow is on the surface. it's not like there is a lot of Drows that is living on surface.
Old 01-30-2001, 12:36 AM   #12
G.W.

Viconia says her house was fallen and destroyed, if I recall...

I think it's odd that all the females in the game are significantly weaker than the males. The strongest females are Mazzy and Jaheria. They have strengths of 15--not enough to get any damage bonus. Pretty strange, don't you think? Are they trying to say females are weaker?

Old 01-30-2001, 12:50 AM   #13
Khellendros

Actually Entreri, there are a lot of drow on the surface, they are still hated, but there are entire settlements of drow in Neverwinter. There are also a significant number around Skullport aka Underdark beneath Waterdeep.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:34 AM   #14
saigo

Has anyone played neverwinter yet???I hear it should be good......as for these bg2 addons and scripts......wouldn't it be fun if the guys at bg2 factory actually did read these boards and figured out that the best way to make alot of money and keep generating interest in the game is to have these quests individually as modules(like in the good old days!) This would make you want to go out and buy the latest cdmodule addon(like tales of..)and keep using your chrs to further their exp.!This would also allow lots more interaction and online fun as there would be so many different games of different storylines going on at once!!!.........but that would be sort of like neverwinter........except that you would not be stuck always creating your worlds as this would be boring for singleplayers(try to fool yourself not to check for traps when you remember exacly where you put it on the dungeon map!)

Old 01-30-2001, 01:56 AM   #15
Talieson

A couple of things I'd like to see are transportation and supplies. In AD&D you didn't just walk every where. One you got enough money you bought a donkey, mule, horse, or charger. Wouldn't it be cool to be Paladin on a charger! Plus you could carry a lot more stuff that way. And what about rations. In ADD&D you had to buy rations and other supplies, like rope, latterns...etc. Seems to me that the game would be a whole lot more realistic that way. You would have to think through what you were doing a lot more. I use to play a game called "Betrayal in Antara", before I bought BG1 and you had to buy supplies and if you ran out of food you paid the price. While the game itself wasn't up to BG1 standards it had a few things going for it. Anyway that's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 01-30-2001, 06:55 PM   #16
Malla Gabriel

Khellendros is right, there is a drow country south of Amm called Riven(?) or somthing, its in the books you find in BG1, as for the houses, there not city based, house Devir also existed in Rilauven,(also called NeverWinter) but was destoryed their as well, she might of been an out cast for turning to Shar, Loth doesn't like that kind of thing.

Old 01-31-2001, 10:32 AM   #17
DIRT
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One thing I found odd was Adamantite Golems shouldn't they be piles of dust in sunlight?
Old 01-31-2001, 09:48 PM   #18
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

One odd thing is that you can steal how much money you want from a merchant in the slum. All you gotta do is sell some really good equipment and then steal it back, sell and steal again. How on earth could a little merchant living in the slum get the 150.000 I stole.

Another odd thing is that you don't fight worse when you are half dead or very tired. You can play with fatique how long you want to, but it is just a little annoying (but good) hearing the characters complaining, which makes me give in and give them some rest.

Another odd thing is that ONE battle song is so incredibly bad. The other music is very good though.
Old 01-31-2001, 11:58 PM   #19
Entreri
Manshoon

Sell and steal and sell again?? Where do you do that? All I had for answer is I don't buy Fanced goods if is was stealed from a merchant.

A very strange thing, if you have 16-18:00 in strenght, that means you can have more stuff in inventeory .. But try to transport 2-3 full plate mail in a big bag or in your arms, for a human I mean, A giant have bigger hands and arms and bags. I will find that very difficult to carry that only on yourself or on a bag.. a REAL big bag, common now, a full plate is as large as a human body !! My fighter had 3 in the same times in his inventory. WOW! You need a chariot to transport that ...
Old 02-01-2001, 12:02 AM   #20
Entreri
Manshoon

For Viconia Devir, In the manual they Do say she is from Menzoberranzan so ... And for a house to be eliminated, you have to kill all nobles, she was because she has the house name in her name, and it was not say at all in the story that a Devir was still alive on the surface or in underdark. The Matron should wanted to kill anyone that flee away from her house.