Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Bernardo
Manshoon

What's it like playing in massive multiplayer games?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I play Utopia and I think it's a lot of fun. Since you always play with the same people you get to know each other and some even visit each other in real life and make new friends.

When you're not in a fixed group it's always fun cause human opponents are often harder than the computer AI. Playing together is just a lot more fun with real people than with computer players.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's awesome.

The world is always online and evolving, there are always hundread of people online at all time.

It's like living in a real populated Fantasy World.

Game like Baldur's Gate 2 are fun, but since you'Re the only human, and the game stop evolving when you close it, it doesn't have the feel of a real world.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #4
Elif Godson
Dracolich

AS said above, there a blast. New people, new things, of course you always encounter one or two butt heads that move into your camp so to speak or pull aggro on you while your health is down and aready engaged in a big pull. AoE ( area of effect ) attacks are great until someone does this to you and you are already taxxed. I have made many online friends with these games.