Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
Wolven
Dungeon Master

I have to say I really liked this game, but I must admit, there is definately one thing missing. I loved the BG series and IWD. Theres a lot to like in using diferent characters like chess pieces(their stregths and weaknessed toguether) to overcome imposible obstacles. NWN is about maximizing one character, no real strategy there. I wonder if there is any way to make this game party based (not only in multiplayer) but running your own multiplayer game. THAT would make this game rock.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yes I'm with you 10,000 persent I like the game I just happen to like the single person Multiplayer game best D&D has always been about a balanced party or team on an adventure kicking but and when I'm playing Neverwinter it just always seems to be missing something!!!!!!!!!! The Rest of the TEAM!!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
Wolven
Dungeon Master

I don´t think it would be that hard to implement (on Bioware´s side) and it would be a very wise desition.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:36 AM   #4
magnetism
Manshoon

That would be a gigantic change, programmaticaly speaking. Though given its high importance to the users. The next game on this engine just may have it.

frankly I would think that would take no less than year to implement depending on the team they have and the programming model they have chosen.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:20 AM   #5
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Yeah, the fact that you can have only one party member which you cant even fully control is a little rubbish. There are some bits and bobs which I miss from the BG series and bits and bobs which are good improvements on NWN. Any one who has played the ToB addon for BG2 would know that the feats in NWN are a big improvement from the feats given to high classes in BG2:ToB.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:31 AM   #6
perk31
Manshoon

Hopefully we'll get another game that emphasizes roleplaying more.

Until then we will just have to multi play. If you haven't seen it yet check out http://www.neverwinterconnections.com

It's a great place to find and join multiplayer games with people that will actually play as a group.