Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-28-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
kroma
Dungeon Master

Using the Dimension Door spell on the area surrounding Maiden Ilmadia in Lower Dorns Deep, you are able to walk about on the lava!! Ouch!

Check it:

http://www.50firtree.freeserve.co.uk/lava.jpg

There's nothing of any use by the way, just thought id let you all know about my exciting find.

[img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:31 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

That is cool!!! Learn something new all the time on this board. I wonder if you can kill fire giants from down there.

[ 09-29-2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:30 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

kroma,

Neat!

I wouldn't say it's of no use: Dimension Door your Mage/Thief out from shore and begin pounding 'em with arrows and spells!

Oooooo. This belongs in the thread I started on unfair tricks and cheesy tactics!

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
kroma
Dungeon Master

Guys,

Thats not a bad idea - Im not sure if you can reach anything from there though. Might be usefull somehow though!

Whenever I find something like that (an area that you can only teleport to), I immediately expect to find some hidden section of the game with hundreds of filled treasure chests and the like. Dont think thats ever happened though. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Having said that, I believe there is such a hidden section in Baldurs Gate, never found it though...
Old 09-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #5
Lymond
Manshoon

Diablo 2 had that and it was great. You got teleported to a place that had tons of treasure, but also herds of killer cows that attacked you with halberds.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:52 AM   #6
kroma
Dungeon Master

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lymond:
Diablo 2 had that and it was great. You got teleported to a place that had tons of treasure, but also herds of killer cows that attacked you with halberds.
A pity that the game itself sucks...

Im a HUGE fan of the original Diablo game, but couldnt get into the sequel AT ALL.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nice trick you got there kroma! Keep`em coming!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:53 PM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

thats pretty neat. I like it! [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by kroma:
Using the Dimension Door spell on the area surrounding Maiden Ilmadia in Lower Dorns Deep, you are able to walk about on the lava!! Ouch!

Check it:

http://www.50firtree.freeserve.co.uk/lava.jpg

There's nothing of any use by the way, just thought id let you all know about my exciting find.

[img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
does that not take life?
Old 10-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #10
kroma
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
does that not take life?
Nope. I think its most likely a bug on the part of the game. The programmers probably meant to make the lava unreachable but didnt.

I wondered around on the lava for a full 5 minutes with my wizard (who doesnt exactly have a lot of hitpoints so I would have noticed if he was loosing any).
kroma is offline   Reply With Quote