Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 03:43 PM   #1
ocellis
The Magister

I just killed Firkraag with the Tactics Mod installed. It was a nice fight,
sure enough... BUT: As soon as i had him on "Near Death" he sufferd 14
points of damage out of nowhere and died.

Thus, i did not get any EP's!

Well i could not accept this and repeated the fight several times. First without
using the acid katana then without using summons as i suspected theese would be the source of this strange bug. But every time he commited suicide by taking 14 damage when he was just about to die. This is extremly irritating imho but perhaps someone in this forums knows how to fix it?
I would glady appreciate any help!
currently i am using the following mods:
ease-of-use
tactics and
item upgrade
ocellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Maybe Yoshimo is stalking you and trying to take all your XP. He hides in the shadows until the big red is almost caput, then he hits him with a critical-hit arrow... HEY, it's possible .
Old 08-18-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Actually, the same thing happened to me, except it was with the dragon in the elven city. I didn't even use the Acid Katana and 14 point suicide everytime, sorry I can't help out Ocellis.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Congrats! Did you play on Insane( [img]smile.gif[/img] )?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:53 PM   #5
ocellis
The Magister

He would probably be stupid enough to try that, yes. Just to make *really* sure that there aren't any other participants in this fight i casted True Sight.
As you can see i am quite desperate. I did not expect suicide dragons and i don't want to cheat myself to the XP that i miss because of this lame bug.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

I'm telling you man, IT'S THAT BASTARD YOSHIMO (pardon my French)! HE'S EVIL I TELL YOU, EVIL!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #7
ocellis
The Magister

I am not playing on Insane but my temper surly is at the moment
Seriously, i would try insane but unfortunately i made quite a few
*really* stupid spell picks with my Sorcerer and my party consists only
of myself Viconia and a elven single class assassin (another stupid decision X-)
Old 08-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #8
ocellis
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Actually, the same thing happened to me, except it was with the dragon in the elven city. I didn't even use the Acid Katana and 14 point suicide everytime, sorry I can't help out Ocellis.
At least i am not the only one. This makes me feel better already
Old 08-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ocellis:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
At least i am not the only one. This makes me feel better already [/QUOTE]Don't worry about it, the only reason I didn't investigate it is because my Monk was at 23rd level so it wouldn't have been the difference between life and death for my characters against Jon Bon.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by ocellis:
I am not playing on Insane but my temper surly is at the moment
Seriously, i would try insane but unfortunately i made quite a few
*really* stupid spell picks with my Sorcerer and my party consists only
of myself Viconia and a elven single class assassin (another stupid decision X-)
You didn`t do your homework right? I told you to read Dundee`s Spell list. Now go and read it. [img]graemlins/readingbook.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote