Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Phaze the Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok i started a new game with a chaotic evil theif/fighter...i want to have a rep of 1 and be really bad...i know i can have me, imoen, vinconia, edwin, korgan and can i have keldorn what allignment is he? also name somemore people that will not leave my party if my rep goes to 1.
thanks much!
Old 11-01-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

I think the neutral NPCs (Jaheira, Valgyar, Cernd) will stay with you, too. They will complain but won't leave. It's a guess based on the opposite experience with a reputation of 20. Jaheira always rambles about balance to be maintained but stays...
Keldorn is lawful good, Imoen is neutral good. The paladin will leave, Imoen probably as well.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:32 PM   #3
Lazarus
Manshoon

You should replace imoen with Jan Jansen since Jan is Chaotic Neutral, he wont leave your Evil party.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:18 PM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

I heard Imoen won't leave you no mather what. she also says so if your reputation starts lowering (she says something like 'I'll stick with you no mather what, but we should at least try to be deacent to people').
Keldorn on the other hand is a paladin and thus Lawful Good. not only will he leave but may also attack you if you perform very evil acts with him around.

on a side note - I'm not sure the game is playable with a reputation of 1. the manual says stores won't sell you stuff and you are supposed to be attacked by paladins and cowled wizards at pretty much every step. also I'd guess it would be hard to get quests as people would probably distrust you too much.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:36 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

you should just solo. the only one you should count on is yourself, when your a bad guy

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
Old 11-01-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
Aurum
Manshoon

You want be a bad guy?

You can´t!
You is weak!
You die if I find in my path!

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:54 PM   #7
Montravant
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Phaze the Paladin:
ok i started a new game with a chaotic evil theif/fighter...i want to have a rep of 1 and be really bad.
If u really want to be bad. Go to the government district and kill those irritating cowled wizard. Simply cast protection from evil 10 radius and two gates. Let the demons do the dirty work . Note.. do this only if ur level is high enough.

------------------
The Masked Wizard Montravant

All that stands in my way shall fall...
Old 11-01-2001, 08:56 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

HEHE! That protection from evil, demon gate thing is fun isn't it!

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN
Old 11-05-2001, 12:49 AM   #9
madjim
The Magister

I guess I must be missing something- I never TRY to be evil, though sometime I am stuck with npcs with that alignment. Other then weapons limited to use by a particular alignment - what is the motivation to want to be evil?
Old 11-05-2001, 03:52 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by madjim:
I guess I must be missing something- I never TRY to be evil, though sometime I am stuck with npcs with that alignment. Other then weapons limited to use by a particular alignment - what is the motivation to want to be evil?

The chance to kill all the a**holes in the game and then some. The chance to really screw people's lives and earn the wrath of the whole world. Done properly, being evil can be very fun, I just recently completed SoA + ToB being evil and it was a very jolly romp.