Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I hate poison ivy!! Am so allergic to it sometimes I think I can get it from just looking at it. I mean I've gotten it in the winter, have no idea how! The oil from a poison ivy/oak plant I swear is evil, and also long lasting apparently. Why do I say that? Well because I have it right now on the palms of my hands!!!!!!!!! How did I get it? Well, a few days ago I got bit by a mosquito, and later that night I could not sleep well because it kept itching all frikken night. So the next night, I decided to use this old bottle of this gel that works for poison ivy to try to relieve the itch so I could sleep OK. Have had this bottle of gel for 3 years, bought it originally cause I had PI. Well,, it worked, mosquito bite didn't itch at all, all night. But!, I woke up with this tight feeling in my hands the next morning, and shortly thereafter the itching started. So even though its been a good 3 years since I last had PI, I guess the PI oil was on the bottle from me touching it way back then when I had PI, and it did not dissipate or wear off at all, and I got it on my hands when I used that stuff for the mosquito bite. I mean it's the only explanation to how I got PI on my hands.

So, if you ever have PI, and use some sort of stuff for it, try not to get it on the bottle or tube, or whatever you use, cause it will stay on there and get you later!!!

Poison Ivy/Oak I swear is evil!! I've gotten it so many times in my life it is crazy. I remember once when I was 10 I got it all over my face. I saw this tree in our yard covered in ivy vines, and I thought they were just normal ivy, and I thought in my 10-year old brain that the ivy was strangling the tree, so I decided to rid the tree from the ivy. I was pulling and ripping and tearing, leaves were just flowing down all over the place, including my face LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Next morning my face felt tight and funny, and I went to look in the mirror and my eyes were so swollen I scared the crap out of myself LOL. Went to the doctors and he gave me some sort of treatment, can't remember what, but it worked and in a week or so I was fine. But I wouldn't look in the mirror for a month or so afterwards LOL.

Some say they are not allergic to poison ivy/oak, is that possible? I suppose it could be, I dunno. How often have yall gotten PI and what have you done to try to get rid of it? So far, for me, burning it with hot water, and bleach, seem to work the best, although the Aveeno Oatmeal powder also works well re drying out if you make it into a paste. Messy though.

I've had so much bad luck lately, this just really tops it. Vile Weed!!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

thanks for the warning lazy Z [img]smile.gif[/img] Ill be sure to keep that one in mind.

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-02-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Poison Ivy? Don't even know what it looks like.

Edit- Maybe Canada's too cold for it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-02-2004, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 10-03-2004, 12:04 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

One would think.....So, if you have it on your hands, where does....

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Best of luck LadyZ [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope you get well soon... and blast those PIs to thy kingdom come [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Poison ivy sucks so much. Hmm... I suggest getting a shot for it. Got rid of mine in a few days. You need to get rid of it as soon as possible, and it's even worse that it's on the palms of your hands. If you do get the shot and it clears up, use whatever lotion you can (except for the one that already had the P.I. on it) for a few days afterwards to make sure it doesn't come back. Worked for me.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I dont know how it looks like but sound pretty nasty any pic of it?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, what does a poison ivy look like? could be usefull so that one can know which plant to avoid next time.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:44 AM   #9
Eagle eye
Elminster

There isn't much in New Zealand. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know what it looks like. Sounds nasty. But every country has to have its evil, posessed plants, so we have deadly night shade to take its place. It's a shame, because it actually looks quite nice.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:29 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Can you smoke it ? Sounds like one hell of a buzz.