Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-21-2002, 06:15 PM   #1
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Ok, I took a break from my solo barbarian and decided to experiment playing with a druid but I realized that they can't wear plate armor or shields so what's the advantage of being a single class over a dualclassed fighter/Druid?
Also what are the requirements to Dual over to a druid?
Old 08-21-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

You cant get the stronghold i dont think and the stats are back a couple a days lemme check for you.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 06:25 PM   #3
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Whew!found it!
Fighter>Druid
Strength:15
Wisdom:17
Charisma:17

Druid>Fighter
Strength:17
Wisdom:15
Charisma:15
Jeez!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #4
whacky
Emerald Dragon

It's good to dual class a druid into a fighter, that way you can take some whacking and also get the 2nd best combination in the game(the best is chain contigency+3 wiltings) nature's beauty = dumb stupid standing mosters = juiciest target for a party/solo!
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Personally I don't liker using druids, I just think they are too weak, and personally i don't even enjoy playing with them at all, but. . .
You get better bonuses and stuff when attacking and better HP if you multi your druid to a fighter, but they will gain levels slower, as they are gaining in both classes. A pure druid would have more powerful magic, because per the same number of experience points they would always be on a higher level than a multi druid/fighter. either way they are still a sissy, but if thats what you like to RP then more power to ya, hope this helped a little [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2002, 05:04 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, a Multiclassed Fighter/Druid is quite a powerful class....but just try rolling one with a higher stat total than Jaheira.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:34 PM   #7
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Still i'd say that nature's beauty is hugely underated, used correctly its one of the best spells in the game, honestly if you dont believe me try this :-
Get into serious troublw with some heavy duty monsters, cast ironskins, let them all get close then cast nature's beauty, mostly uninterrupted, then you'll se what i mean , the monsters are as easy to pick as ........ Heck they just stand still and do absolutely nothing!
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:00 PM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
One of my favorite dragonslaying methods involves said spell. Cast Magic Resistance on the dragon if its resistance is higher than 40%. Then all you need to do is not get Wing Buffeted or roasted with breath attacks while you cast Nature's Beauty... The Amulet of Power is a must, and I often wonder what a druid/mage would be like, with the Robe of Vecna and Amulet letting you cast NB in the blink of an eye... But if you manage to cast NB and manage to get past the dragon's magic resistance, he'll just stand there like a moron while you take him out with whatever you want. Granted it's more complicated than firing spell triggers with Lower Resistance and Feeblemind, but the druid doesn't have that, so you work with what you got.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote