Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-20-2001, 04:51 PM   #1
Pat0925
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I am a theif and I have just accomplished all of Bloodscalps tasks for me and apparently I now have a theives guild to run and keep in order! Thats great! However, I was wondering if I will still be able to perform all of my other tasks and missions while holding this theives guild? Hopefully it wont be too hard, but if anyone has done this before, I would like to hear what they think.
Old 07-20-2001, 04:54 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

the thieves guild is imo the best stronghold.

you can still do all the quests you want, the only thing you have to watch is resting time. if you like to cast a lot of spells and rest after every couple of fights i see a lot of trouble in your future, if you move fairly quick & rely on healing potions ect and dont rest much you will have no problems.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
Pat0925
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by koz-ivan:
the thieves guild is imo the best stronghold.
What does the "imo" mean?
Old 07-20-2001, 05:20 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

imo - in my opinion...

imho is in my humble opinion.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:18 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

at first i thought being able to manage the details of the guild was very cool. unfortunately, it basically comes down to this: you have five thief "managers" you give instructions to, and for each you have three parameters ranging from high-risk/high-profit to safe/low-return. the money these guys bring in is fairly irrelevant; 500-800 on avg gp per week is paltry compared to the cash you get from just one minor quest (coins, gems, and selling unneeded magic items). the biggest drawback is that you MUST check in to pay your dues every week, or Renal will take the guild away from you. you can get it back but it costs more two or three months' profit from the place (i had 17 CHA, 20 rep and had to pay 4000 to get it back). so any time consuming quests (basically any quest outside of athkatla besides nalia's) and you risk losing the guild. and of course, taking off to spellhold guarantees you lose it once you return in chapter 6.

if you're getting all the side quests done before going to get imoen, go ahead and take the guild. if, however, you're leaving some quests (esp the tougher ones like the eyeless cult, windspear hills, and sewer flayers) go ahead and ACCEPT the guild but do NOT enter it until you get back from the underdark. renal doesnt expect money from you until youve "checked in", so to speak.

imho, it was fun the first time around, but micromanaging all those thieves and having to base my quests around dues time was just too tedious for such a meagre reward.

it would have been nice if you could actually commission some specific thieving, such as "import me some regeneration potions" or "kill so-and-so" or "steal tolgerias' ring for me". ah well.
Old 07-22-2001, 03:37 PM   #6
Pat0925
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What happens if I dont show on the fifth day to find out how I did with my money?