Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 01:34 PM   #1
Ishamael

I'm stuck in the serpent temple. I've got 3 monkey idols. I need the serpent wand. A prisoner told me it would be in the secret chamber in the library, but all i found was a book. Do I need a fourth monkey idol to place in the library to access another secret chamber in the library or is it someplace else?

Old 12-04-2000, 01:55 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

There are 4 monkeys and 1 serpent idol. Some one has listed their locations in previous threads but I will share what I can remember.

1) Kill a wandering monkey who has one.
2) One from the coin drop doors (six doors that open by moving levers in different positions and then dropping coins in center slot) Note: this area is crawling with Wander monsters, probably to keep you from running low on coins.
3) I believe I had to swim by the holding pens by the sewer entrance to get one.
4) I think one is off the kitchen in a secret room.

Sorry, I didn't take notes but if you use search engine (I am not very handy with it and would rather talk to real people any way) ypou may find more help.

Old 12-04-2000, 02:09 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

DUH! Freudianslip has links to the Wizard and Warrior story archive in this forum (just scroll down a bit and find a Freud thread) There is a hint section there with frequently asked questions and one of them is - the location of your monkey idols. YES (BTW) you must have ALL for to access the room in the library where you will find your wand and a scroll and other neat stuff. Hope this is more helpful!

Old 12-04-2000, 09:53 PM   #4
tritone

Here's where I found all 5 idols (repeating a bit from Lily up there):

1. Monkey Idol 1 - In the small storage room next to the spiral staircase leading to Kreug. This is near the back entrance. Once you meet/kill Kreug, get the Serpent Key and...

2. Serpent Idol - in an underwater cavern under the Serpent Holds. Use the Serpent key to enter the holds and pull the lever in one of the serpent holds before you dive in.

3. Monkey Idol 2 - in the room with the chute too small to fit you, press the switch near the door. Several monkeys will appear. Kill them all. Look for one called "Monkey with Object" - that's the guy with the idol. If you do not locate this monkey, proceed to the next open atrium nearing the 6-door puzzle store. I found the monkey there.

4. Monkey Idol 3 - is in one of the 6 storerooms involving the 4-switch/coin slot puzzle.

5. Monkey Idol 4 - in a chest inside a 2-floor storage area inside the kitchen. Accessed with the lift.

I completed the Serpent Temple yesterday!