Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-19-2001, 12:56 AM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

AAAAARRRRRROOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Gather around friends, and lend me your ears while I spin a tale of valiant deeds...

I could not, in good conscience, help the Ratlings as an assasin. It may lead to frustration later, but, that will be my penance. When I refused to help them, they attacked. After the archery practice, I gethered their things.

As I approached the area where I knew the Mantraps to be, I scanned the horizon, and saw a group of spiders heading for me. As I picked up their eggs, some more ratlings approached to give me more practice. Then came three packs of "mastiff" dog-like-things...

I wiped my sword, picked up my arrows, and continued to the field. I approached slowly, bow held taunt. As I spied the first flower, I began to fire. It began moving toward me, and I moved back, still firing. I missed more than I hit, but I could see him writhing in pain, when I first felt the pain! I spun around, and there was it's twin to my side, spewing forth it's poison. I wheeled, and ran.

I hid just behind a copse of trees, where I gagged on two poison cures before I was able to hold one down. Then a Restore Health potion, and I spun back around the tree, firing at the nearest flora-devil !!! With a cry, I could see that this one was barely wounded, so I looked past it , and fired once more at the other one. It fell, and I continued moving behind more coverage. Back and forth I moved, causing much more damage than I took. Twice more I forced the bitter tasting liquid down my throat, and slowly felt strength renewing. And as I raised my head, I saw the second plant dissolve.

Still shaking from exhaustion, and feeling the poison seeping from my pores, I looked behind me, and I saw a chest. As I approached it, I felt a sting, and felt the now familiar poison coursing through me. Without pause, I bolted for the safety of the trees. My hands shook as I pulled the top of the flask, and, again, it took multiple tries before I could hold the potion down. A health potion, and I ducked my head around the tree to see my opponent.

Two more Mantraps were moving in the mist. I stayed hidden as best I could, and fired at the nearest one. It moved towards me, and I backed into an open area, where I hoped my speed would give me an advantage. I was finally able to read the rhythm of teh creatures movements, and began scoring hits. Soon, the monster joined it's brethren.

I moved toward the forth evil, and was pleased to see it rushing to meet me. This one moved like it's brother, and I missed only once in my assault, even with my own movements hampering me.

Four flora freaks, finished.

As I stood basking in the warmth of victory, I felt the first dops of rain. I looked into the sunny sky, and let the soft drops fall down my face. I walked back to open the chest, and retrieve my arrows.

Chest opened and looted, arrows gathered from my last three encounters, I tried to find my way back to the first sopt of battle. The rain on my back felt refreshing, and I looked forward to the telling of the tale. Then, it happened.

I felt a flash of heat, and was surrounded by flames. Spinning around to find my attacker, I was struck again, from above.

Tears filled my eyes, as I watched the majestic dragon slowly flying away. I ran behind and beneath it, just enjoying her flight. In my chase, I ignored the various creatures I passed that attacked me. I quickly outran them, just trying to keep the beautiful dragon in my sight. In and out of the mist she move, just ahead of me.

It took my breath away.

OOC- That's the story. Five reloads, and a lot of fear. It took so long to get back to y'all because I literally spent at leat 15 minutes following the dragon. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL ! I love this game. I got a screenshot of her in flight, with the soft rain falling around us. My clipboard viewer only saves into the .clp format, and I need to share it with y'all. Saz, care to help?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:03 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

YES!!!!!!!!!

You did it!!!!

You beat one of the most difficult encounters in the game...and you're a Ranger!!!

My friend, my hat's off to you. I am honored.

Way to go, RudeDawg! Way to Go!!!!!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:04 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, BTW...the dragon's a "He." Best not to get that wrong, LOL!!!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:06 AM   #4
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Was it only the four of them? please say so...

do you want the screenshot, Saz? How do I convert it to a bmp, gif, or jpg?

------------------

The RudeDawg

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-19-2001).]
Old 05-19-2001, 01:10 AM   #5
WizardMen
The Magister

Hey RudeDawg nice story. I just saw the post about your first time with the mantrap and someone said you r a solo ranger. Well so am i (for the moment) and can you tell me how you killed them if you did anything else than shoot from afar? If you did.

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen

[This message has been edited by WizardMen (edited 05-19-2001).]
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:17 AM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WizardMen:
Hey RudeDawg nice story. I just saw the post about your first time with the mantrap and someone said you r a solo ranger. Well so am i (for the moment) and can you tell me how you killed them if you did anything else than shoot from afar? If you did.

WizardMen

[This message has been edited by WizardMen (edited 05-19-2001).]
I use the Longbow +1, and the Takekatsu arrows for now. I'm still learning the game, but I used to play FPS, so the mechanics are actually familiar for me...

I did guild-hop to the Bushi Dojo to get access to the bow and arrows....

everyone here has been helping me along !!! It's a great forum...

The RangerDawg

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-19-2001, 01:23 AM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

RudeDawg,
Bravo! Bravissimo!!!
It was a heroic deed! Solo ranger killing them... Oh, I am deeply impressed!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:25 AM   #8
WizardMen
The Magister

and hopefully i may follow

WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:31 AM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Bravo, Bravo, Ranger Dawg Rides Again!! Super telling of the tale, Dawg! I have not been able to sleep, wondering if you were coming back. LOL I even went to the GD board for a little bit to kill some time. I even posted on your Pizza thread.

All this and you even got to see the dragon in the rain. I love this game too and this forum and the telling of the tales! Did you see how many posts were on the last thread of yours? Glad you killed the Lilies without any help! And who cares about killing ratlings anyways! Gives you a reason to play again and do things differently next time maybe.

Have you finished in the temple yet? Seems you were just unloading and going back afterwards when you met the flowers and such. . .is that right?

Way to go!!! Whooohooo!!!!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 01:33 AM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

By the way, do you REALLY want to know if there are more "Flowers" out there???
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote