Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

umm, StormyMystic, I seem to remember several posts of yours in the past re sores or bites of some kind on yourself, and lice infestations in the house, was gross too LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I have matured since then [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I was so hungry once, I ripped off my legs, and chewed on them for FIVE days, and when I was full, I sewed them back on. I am now 3 inches shorter.

Not! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't really have anything gross... Hmm. Had an ingrown toenail on my big toe, and the side of it was turning purple. When my Wife said it'll cost $400 for a Doctor to pull it out, I said.. well, I Said something, and decided to cut it out myself. It's actually really easy if you can stand the pain--which I can now, and took my swiss army knife's sissors and cut down in half in to the quik of the nail, and yanked out the smaller half with the ingrown part. INSTANT relief. Not a big deal though, throwing up is NO fun. I always feel like I can't catch a breath after I do it--which is rare indeed!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I can't match anything so far, but when I got my wisdom teeth yanked (all four at once), I discovered that my wife can't really stand the sight of blood. I was home recovering the day of the yanking, cotton swabs shoved into my mouth, when I needed to go to the bathroom. On my way there, I looked down for some reason, and a bunch of blood that had pooled in my mouth just dripped out. Fortunately, it was on the tile floor...

Guess who had to clean it up? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Me, that's right. Four teeth gone, blood loss, coming off of general anesthesia, and I gotta figure out how to get down to the floor to clean it up without looking and spilling some more [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #15
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Jesus, there goes that Subway footlong I had for lunch. That's $5.95 you owe me, Blunderbutt. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Damn it, I just spit coffee all over my desk Arledrian!
I don't have anything as good as "Iron-man Dan" hacking his own toenail off, but once, many years ago, I broke my little finger between the first and second knuckles at a job site. My supervisor, who I disliked considerably, drove me to the hospital to have it set. Prior to taking x-rays, the nurse gave me several shots of novocaine, which completely numbed my finger and most of my hand.
My supervisor was hanging about being a general nuisance and making sure that I didn't cheat on my L&I claim, and he mentioned that he couldn't stand the sight of blood or damaged body parts.
So I told him "Look at this" and proceeded to bend my little finger backwards and then sideways at the break point, and generally wiggle it about. He threw up several times, turned white as a sheet and nearly passed out. It was a beautiful thing.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:52 AM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad I didn't have anything to drink over here! Between Arledrian and Absynthe, I'd have a major clean-up job ahead of me...

*edit* That did remind me, however... years ago, I worked as a lifeguard at an indoor water slide. I eventually discovered that the assistant manager couldn't stand the sight of blood (seems to be a pattern here...) when one pre-teen customer slipped on the cement stairs and gashed her shin just below her knee. I bandaged it up as much as one could, but I could see things in the cut that I'd never seen before -- I suspected a tendon or something like that was cut, but I knew even less about the musculoskeletal system. As the family was leaving, I advised the girl's father to take her to the ER, because it looked like a really deep and nasty cut.

The gross part? The blood, I guess, and the sight of part of the human body I'd never seen before (nor since).

[ 01-05-2005, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 AM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

Okey I have one story... Nothing comparable to throwing up feces... but I'm hungry right now, won't be able to eat for awhile and have to get rid of that appetite... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, few years ago I lived alone in a small appartment, I had a really old fridge that had the wonderful feature of not working unless there was nothing in it.
Anyway, one night I woke up and wa very thirsty, remembered I had a bottle of milk in the fridge, walked very sleeply into the kitchen, opened the fridge, took up the bottle, looked at it, it was one day past it's expiration date... ah heck, I thought through my sleep induced haze... and took several LARGE zips from the bottle, on the 3rd zip I noticed a strange taste... and that the milk had some strange texture... and were awful!
Sure enough I spit what I had in my mouth into the sink and the damn milk was thick and simply disgusting... and I had drank about1/4th of the bottle... I almost threw up but somehow managed to keep it down. Not sure why I didn't, probably would have been better. Drank some water to get the taste out of my mouth and went back to bed. From this day I ALWAYS drink out of a glass... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-05-2005, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 01-05-2005, 05:08 AM   #18
Link
Jack Burton

This is a great thread! Great stories so far I especially like yours, Absynthe. That's giving him the finger alright [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think I have a couple of them. Most recent is the following:
I was playing field hockey with two friends of mine, and because the artificial grass field was occupied by some high school gym class, we decided to test our skills on the grass just next to the artificial field. At some point I was in possession of the ball and tried to bypass one of my friends. Totally focussed on the ball bumping along the grass, I forgot to look up, and at the moment I did **BAM**, I hit a lamp post and fell back on the ground. I wasn't overly dizzy, didn't feel sick, and even remember thinking "That will be a big bump on my head". I got up, ready to play again, but rubbed the painful spot on my head, and when I took my hand down it was covered in blood, and blood was coming down across my face. We decided it was best to visit the hospital to get me sown up. The headache I had the following day was agonizing, I really hope I won't get one of those again.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-05-2005, 05:22 AM   #19
Sigmar
Unicorn

Once at a beach here in Gib, my friends of I were diving off this rock in the water...into the water.

It's fairly chunky as far as beach embedded rocks go, if I had to guess how big, I'd say about 12 metres high.

So anyhow we're jumping off it, no problems. I decide to do an Angel Dive (where you just hurl yourself over the edge with your arms swung back like lil' angel wings [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) well I hit the water and glide down fairly quickly in the water, and I suddenly notice a jolt of pain run through my chest.

I swim to the shore so I can stand up look at my chest and see that it's covered in blood.

My friend's start exclaiming "OMG, are you ok?"

I had "scratches" all over the front part of my body from my chest to my stomach. There were about 12 massive lines running down my chest. The water served to amplify the effect of blood running down my body. I looked like a Zombie.

It hurt like a mofo, so I decided to head home, where I proceeded to nearly give my mother a heart attack.

You should have seen the funny looks I was getting on the bus home. My friend's kept expecting my organs to fall out.

Apparently there had been a barnacle ridden rock underneath the water we were diving towards...

Ah well...I'm an idiot, and I've a got a (genuinely) tiny scar on my chest to prove it.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #20
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

As a kid, I would puke and crap my pants at the same time because of the pressure. I could still do it, but now I have to clean it up myself. Aaaah, I miss the good 'ol days