Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-24-2004, 11:03 PM   #21
Animal
Gold Dragon

I met Bill CLinton once.

I also met Mother Terresa, Desmun Tutu and the Queen of England also. Seems that they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like we do.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I met Bill CLinton once.

I also met Mother Terresa, Desmun Tutu and the Queen of England also. Seems that they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like we do.
Did he offer you a cigar ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Very cool, LB! I think it's great you got to say hi. Too bad about no pics, though! LOL
Old 04-25-2004, 12:02 AM   #24
Jorath Calar
Harper

I saw Seinfeld once, he visited Iceland and did a show here, my and my then girlfriend walked past him (and his entourage) close to our house. I had never watched the show and had no intereest in him what so ever at the time so I was about as excited about seeing him as if a dead cow had walked past me (Dead cows walking... hmmm?) my girlfriend actually had to tell me who it was... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-25-2004, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 04-25-2004, 12:05 AM   #25
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I met Bill CLinton once.

Did he offer you a cigar ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]The Queen of England?

No, that's Winston Churchill !!!

No, Bill and I played a round of golf and he kicked my ass!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 12:06 AM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Cool. You won't appreciate this LB, but if Davros happens to read this thread he'll be excited - the other day my brother and I were driving somewhere and we stopped at the traffic lights and we saw Trevor Gillmeister crossing the street! Woo!!
Who????? [/QUOTE]LMAO - IW is reeeeaaallly slow for me atm and smilies are the last to come - I sat here looking at your response for quite a while dumbfounded at your ignorance before the wink arrived to restore my faith in your allegiance to our fair state

LOL Hiero - that's the point, he's really a very minor celebrity that only tragics like myself and Davros would get excited about . He's a former rugby league (!!!) player who now writes simple yet scintillating articles on league for our paper and also evidently wanders about the shops near my house
Old 04-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #27
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

lol, William Shatner lives in Malibu, and my mom was telling me if you show in reining chances are you know William. He hosts an annual horse show up in Burbank, which I'm actually going to, and I'm going to make sure I have my camera

I remember running around telling everyone in the barn he said hi to me and they just shook their heads. I asked my mom, "Am I the only one whos excited?!" and she said, "Well I am, I'm just not showing it." Which was probably true since she had a huge crush on him when he was Captain Kirk in the original Star Trek

Something else that I never would have noticed is how short he is. He only came up to my shoulder! His horse was tiny too, but thats a reiner for you, lol.

There is a celebrity who lives just 15min from my house in a place called Pauma Valley...Bill Murray
Old 04-25-2004, 01:59 AM   #28
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

William Shatner? no kidding! did you ask for a autograph?
Old 04-25-2004, 02:17 AM   #29
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes I considered it, but since I had no pen and no paper, not to mention an armfull of goodies, there wasn't really any helping it. I'm aiming to get a pic with him when I go to Burbank...autograph of the 21st century, lol
Old 04-25-2004, 04:05 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Cool. You won't appreciate this LB, but if Davros happens to read this thread he'll be excited - the other day my brother and I were driving somewhere and we stopped at the traffic lights and we saw Trevor Gillmeister crossing the street! Woo!!
Who????? [/QUOTE]LMAO - IW is reeeeaaallly slow for me atm and smilies are the last to come - I sat here looking at your response for quite a while dumbfounded at your ignorance before the wink arrived to restore my faith in your allegiance to our fair state

LOL Hiero - that's the point, he's really a very minor celebrity that only tragics like myself and Davros would get excited about . He's a former rugby league (!!!) player who now writes simple yet scintillating articles on league for our paper and also evidently wanders about the shops near my house
[/QUOTE]How could I forget "The Axe" Aelia - and what's this calling me (or us) a pair of tragics? I hope Donut doesn't get wind of that or my reputation is ruined . Of course it would have been more impressive if you had met "The Emperor of Lang Park" I played golf with him once and that channel 9 sports reporter Chris Bombalas.

I also chatted to the man loved by women all over the world the last time I visited St Andrews. Yup - I seemed to run unto Sean Connery everywhere I went that whole weekend. Just a pity I wasn't chatting to the girl loved by all men instead .