Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-25-2001, 11:37 AM   #1
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Hello

Im in chapter 3, have killed all the vampires, talked to bodhi...did plenty of damage....but she just stays there and my dudes keep fighting! Is this a bug? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2001, 11:51 AM   #2
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by ebayles:
Hello

Im in chapter 3, have killed all the vampires, talked to bodhi...did plenty of damage....but she just stays there and my dudes keep fighting! Is this a bug? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
spoiler....
She was supposed to leave, as I recall. Something is wrong in the game's triggering mechanism there, I think. She wasn't supposed to stay and fight. (right?)
Old 07-25-2001, 11:53 AM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

People usually don't realize this but Bohdi regenerates. Just toss some holy water into the blood pools. You can only do this twice. Once in Bohdi's room, and once in the room where you meet Drizz't. (You did ask for his help right?) If you didn't it's the room above all the coffins. (The one where you fought her last time.) She drains up to five levels at a time, so negative plain protection is a must!! If it is a bug just keep reloading. If you're lucky eventually she'll go into her coffin. She'll say something like "No this life is mine." And then you'll kill her after another hit. She'll go in her coffin then.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 12:01 PM   #4
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
People usually don't realize this but Bohdi regenerates. Just toss some holy water into the blood pools. You can only do this twice. Once in Bohdi's room, and once in the room where you meet Drizz't. (You did ask for his help right?) If you didn't it's the room above all the coffins. (The one where you fought her last time.) She drains up to five levels at a time, so negative plain protection is a must!! If it is a bug just keep reloading. If you're lucky eventually she'll go into her coffin. She'll say something like "No this life is mine." And then you'll kill her after another hit. She'll go in her coffin then.
D'oh. I mixed my Bhodi encounters up! heh, I already poisoned all the stuff before I encountered her so I didnt encounter that problem. cool.

Old 07-25-2001, 01:39 PM   #5
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Actaully, Waluin, you were talking about the one I was. I know you meet her again later...but this is the first time (actually the second, after you reject her help)....but somehow I managed to keep reloading it and eventually got her to leave...
Old 07-25-2001, 03:07 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

Another important thing is NOT to use a Protection from Undead scroll on your main character. If you do then Bodhi will not be aware of your character and won't be able to talk to him/her. I had this problem too the first time I got to this stage of the game!
Old 07-25-2001, 11:53 PM   #7
ebayles
Dungeon Master

That I think is the key. She wouldnt notice me with that spell on. I guess maybe if i had waited until they wore off...although I think that is a bug becuase technically then I should have been able to take her out....might have meant kind of a shorter game though....
Old 07-26-2001, 12:00 AM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

You don't have to worry about killing Bodhi before her time is due . When you destroy her she'll turn into a mist and escape, ready to face you again (much later in the game!)

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc