Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 04:56 PM   #11
Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But again, you forget that DROW eventually LOSE their MR on the surface. Vicona does not follow propper Ad&d rules.

Since you spend most time on the surface, your DROW MR would vanish.

Anyhow, I think it is pointless to discuss who's the better character when both are clearly made partly with an editor.

I could easily make a character with 25 in each stat, the best equipment, but where is the fun then?
Old 07-24-2001, 04:59 PM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I never said anything about the best equipment. Besides, my character is evil, making the game a little more complicated. The only thing I use Shadowkeeper for in making the Drow is for the appearance, saves, and MR. I think the thing with Viconia is the same for Drizzt. He gets his powers from a god right? Well Viconia worships Shar, so..
Old 07-25-2001, 05:31 AM   #13
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

given that drow are elves, how did you manage a 19 CON since elves get a -1 penalty? there's only one tome that increases CON and an elf can't legitimately start with higher than 17.

fyi, there were rarely any heroes, fictional or historical, who were the strongest, fastest, or whatever superlative you want to add. they were heroes usually because of their ingenuity and courage. oh, and friends.

that character killed drizzt? big farkin deal. with stats and equipment from the gods, he sure should have been able to. that's like praising someone 7' tall because they can dunk a basketball. redundancy has reached new heights.

you seem really keen on trying to impress us with stats and how much ass he kicks. personally, i'd love to read your biography of this guy and how you justify yet another drow wandering the surface like it's an every day thing. drizzt's history is well developed. viconia was hunted continuously. please tell. i'm sure it will be consistent and startlingly original just like the character.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:17 PM   #14
Nanobyte

For one, he needs those high stats because, well he is trying to kill one of the greatest legends in Forgotten Realms. Where was it Drizzt used to call home? Menzoberranzan? Let us say that Draekhar was a shadow of Drizzt before he became an exile of his people. Basically, he is an assassin from Menzoberranzan, that followed the ways of Drizzt (that is why he has superior fighting skills), and was sent out to find and kill Drizzt. Once I have him completed, then I will work more on the background.
Old 07-25-2001, 06:04 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

u...huh. your character, no matter how tough he may seem in bg1, is no match for most of our characters here. im wagering that my fighter/mage would take him sooo easily, even though he has obviously hacked stats (19 CON is impossible for elves in bg1, and im not even mentioning what your gonna do to him in bg2...). drow lose most of their special abilities on the surface, that includes the mag resist. im not sure if they just worship a god that they get to keep that, but then again, i dont know all the rules about stuff like that. if your gonna make a god character, fine, so did i at one time, but please dont use the excuse 'hes the son of a god' cuz hes still part mortal, or 'hes taking one one of the greatest legends in FR history!' cuz even tho he may be, any character in bg2 can take him out when they get to him more than likely, so thats hardly an excuse as well.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-25-2001, 08:27 PM   #16
Nanobyte

To end the endless complaints, I will make the stats to this:

STR: 19
DEX: 20
CON: 18
INT: 16
WIS: 17
CHA: 8

If I remember correctly, this is what he started with:

STR: 18/57
DEX: 19
CON: 17
INT: 15
WIS: 15
CHA: 8

So that is a total of:

STR: +1
DEX: +1
CON: +1
INT: +1
WIS: +2
CHA: +0

Equal to the total amount of Tomes in the game. Satisified?