Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 09:27 PM   #1
The_Daemon

Didn't you get that niggling voice in the back of your head when some random noble would tell you to stand further away from them? Or when some Drow wench got bitchy with you? Or doing Fed-Ex quests... please, i got better things to do, like turn into the Slayer and EAT YOUR PUNK ASS! And everyone who DID know you were the son of Bhaal was tough enough not to care (well, eventually all succumb to my might, but...). Now, this is coming from a self-righteous Paladin, who would have ended with a reputation of 24, had such been allowed (imagine... stores would be throwing gifts at me! THROWING THEM! Well, not daggers, et al, you know what I mean), so it must have been torture for those chaotic evil amongst you. Plus, don't you think that a LOT more evil characters are needed? I've never played evil, being good pays off (yeah, yeah, alterior motives), but I think when NWN comes out I'm going to create an evil town where good people are hunted down my undead Paladins and Flaming Fist. At least enough evil NPCs to create an entire party. Then the streets would flow with the blood of groundhogs, beggars and nobility!!

Old 10-27-2000, 12:09 AM   #2
Larry

Speaking of killing ground-hogs, my favorite past-time for Aerie is to see an animal crossing her path, then she winds up that sling and fires a sunstone bullet( I have over 3,000 because of the hack), and blast!!!!!! The poor critter is instantly killed, and the little flame that you see on thier dead carcases is such a treat to see!
(I am not evil aligned, but Damn! that's fun!!!)

Old 10-27-2000, 01:27 AM   #3
lordkymil

I agree totally. Since when did the Son of Murder have to retrieve a teddy bear for a dead halfling?? Let him languish in eternal torment pining for his lost Littleman, I say!! (Except for the unfortunate fact that my lawful evil monk needs to get to 14th level and Quivering Palm so it is in his best interest to act as errand boy in this case.)

And that northern barbarian Hendak? Why, I heard that these Northmen are just a few DNA cells removed from yeti! Him begging me to free him is tantamount to an ox that has somehow managed to imitate human speech without comprehending its meaning begging me to free it from the yoke. (Listen to his grunting, 'tis true I swear!) My blood recoils from such a thing (but again, unfortunately, in my omnipotence I know that freeing him would lead to around 12000 XP and an additional XP-laden quest to clean out the slaver stronghold, PLUS a discount on future accomodation. Now compare that to 7500 XP for dobbing him in to Lehtinan and wiping the floor with his face. Oh, and Lehtinan gives you a discount on accomodation too. And I DO have to level up high enough to kick the ass of a seriously powerful mage.)

No wonder evil characters are so pushed around in the world, society does tend to favor the good, so good guys do have it easier.

In any case, I've decided that chaotic neutral is the way to go. Do what I want, when I want, the most important thing in the world is my happiness, whether that means putting a slimy scumbucket like Lehtinan out of business, letting that worthless poisoned loser Renfold die in the street, or making dear dead little halfling Wellin happy by cleaning my blade in Lynnis's stomach juices and giving him his cute little teddy bear back! Or perhaps I am just completely, totally and irrevocably insane...