Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2003, 11:49 AM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Sorry if this angers anyone, but it must be said. And, I'm sorry if I offend you, Z, by trying to be a flag-bearer here.

IWF cannot be cheap to run. I do not know the figures, but this site requires funding, not to mention all of the work Z does for free.

Z, if you haven't, you should post this donations request on every forum.

We need to get serious and dig deep guys. I'm not saying you should give what you can't. That's obviously not the case. There's no need to apologize to fellow forum members for lacking money, and things are tight all over these days.

But, it's not just this month. Next month we'll face the same issues. If some donations do not start coming in to at least meet the site costs, we are all simply going to lose our favorite forum. Well, at least it's my favorite.

Just a little bit from lots of people would help a lot, I'm sure. Many hands make light work.

Best of luck, Z. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 12:07 PM   #22
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm getting a new credit card, as soon as I get it, I'll send some your way, mate. Hang in there! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks Mem! I have been really worried here, It's been real tight here $$ wise. I canceled some stuff on cable TV as well to save a few bucks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As of Thrusday, we haven't received but 2 donations. Out of 11,000 members, this worries me deeply. I hope we raise enough soon, or we'll be down. UGH..
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/alarm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alarm.gif[/img] Come-on folks help Z out. He cancelled his cable for heavens sake! [img]graemlins/alarm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alarm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/alarm.gif[/img]

Good luck Ziroc [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #23
realbinky
Elminster

TL, I agree. I donated in the past, when I could, but it's tight right now. I run the checkbook, I pay the bills. My wife almost strangled me last time I did, but I am currently refinancing the house, so I will have a better nest egg to use very soon. I don't HAVE to tell the wife that I send money, to avoid, er, "repurcussions," but I'd also prefer not lying about it [img]tongue.gif[/img] Z, where are we?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #24
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I would donate but I cant.I am only 15 years old and my father has a credit card but he won˛t let me do it.

Sorry..I REALLY LOVE THIS FORUM
Old 03-28-2003, 12:56 PM   #25
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

I should be able to make a donation on monday, after my pay check is deposited in my bank account. I hope it won't be too late by then.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:11 PM   #26
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I did what I could and sent what I had, Z. I'm a little strapped for $$ at the moment, but hopefully more will be rolling in soon. Let me put up my online store first. ^_^
Old 03-28-2003, 01:22 PM   #27
andrewas
Harper

Tried to donate through paypal, but my bank is playing silly buggers. Dunno why, Im well under the limit. Possibly. Anyway, Ill see what I can do on monday, banks closed over here.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:26 PM   #28
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

damn damn damn damn im 14 and dont got a credit card and no idea how to send or what paypal is my mom or dad wonte let me send 2 you if i would live in florida i would visist you but i live in sweden and btw i got like 1 dollar.... ill try to convince some of my older friends to send 2 you hang in there!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:10 PM   #29
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just sent a little via PayPal Z. Sorry could'nt be more. If we all can send a little, It will add up. Good luck Z
Old 03-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I saw a cool additive on a website once...can't rememeber which, but it may have been a link about a Lord of the Rings fan site...but it was a community cash counter...it showed how much money the community had donated, and therefore everyone knew how well or bad the site was doing. Of course, it would be just like a checking account or something. We could all see that there was $500 at the moment, then the next day see that it was down to $450...so we would all know that the webmaster had made a $50 withdrawl for the benefit of the account. If it were to ever drop below a certain point...we would all know without being told that money needs to start coming in fast. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen any website do, and wrote the webmaster an e-mail about how much I liked his thoughtfulness for his community. The only sad thing is that I doubt the software we have would compensate for such an idea to exist. Hopefully haks are easy to make...

What do you think? Benefical or not? The main point is...would it be effective or a waste of time?