Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #41
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Well met DrowArchmage! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

The most simple answer to your question is that you simply need to decide on the type of character you'd like to game with -- whether it's a warrior or a mage, for example, and whether you'd like to play a particular race such as human or dwarf or elf. Once you do that simply post that basic information here and one of us can help you get started.

If you're familiar with AD&D or with one of the D&D themed computer games like Icewind Dale or Neverwinter Nights we can work with you to use those systems to put your character together.

Of course, feel free to post any further questions or needs for clarification here and we'll do our best to sort things through.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #42
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, DrowArchmage! I am glad you are interested in our game!

For fun, I made a template character to help. It does not have to be exact, and of course if you are playing a non-magic type there would be no spells...and if its a cleric you have...you will need to draw ties to a God or Goddess...so the template does not cover all points of reference. It is still a good example of what I would hope to see as in detail.

================================================

Kuurn Hornblower
Half-Orc
Level 6 Fighter/Level 1 Mage

Stats:
Str. 18
Dex. 12
Con. 16
Int. 15
Wis. 10
Cha. 8

Weapon of Choice: Battle Hammer

Inventory:
*475 Gold
*Leather and cloth clothes
*Battle Hammer
*Saw-tooth edged dagger

Spells:

Level One
*Obscuring Mist
*Cause Fear

Bio/Personality:

Kuurn is a loner, and prefers it that way. He gets hired for jobs that call for strong grunts to protect this or that, and there is plenty of work to be had in that field. He is loyal to the person that he is serving at that time, but once a paycheck has been handed over, the ties are broken. Kuurn prefers colder climates and loves scaring barmaids.

Link to Lockesville:
Kuurd is in between jobs right now, and passing through Lockesville in search of employment. He has only been in town for three days, staying at the Inn and spending the days in the tavern...the best place to solicit work.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #43
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just a quicky: It seems that everyone has chosen their text colours. I'm lazy, i know, but does anyone mind if i stick with the default baby poo font colour?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 12-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #44
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You are welcome to take the default color and call it your's if you prefer. Colors help the reader associate who is posting, and divides the players into distinct individuals.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #45
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sever: See PM. I need some things worked out.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #46
Andurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi. Name's Andurel. I am going to be an elven cleric for the party [img]smile.gif[/img] More details to come [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 12:34 AM   #47
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome, Andurel the Elven Cleric!

Don't miss the maps that are posted on this page for reference.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For everyone>>>Some DM notes

1. Cyril and I set the stage in which everyone is to role-play. We are structured on creative writing, turn-based style. Your creative work must coincide with your fellow contributers. One person is as important as another, and we will try to give equal attention to each gamer to get some spotlight. Please don't try to work your own plots without prior private message approval. We can only accomodate your hopes if we know what to expect ahead of time. Keep in mind that we have our own agenda for this game because we are the ones running it. We have a storyline that is the primary game. Subplots are setup under our direction.

2. Game timeline. We all are in the same town. We all have to see the same sun or the same moon. It is the focus of this game to join forces with your fellow gamers and prepare to embark on a journey that we will present. Anyone that is gaming alone will find the game more of a hinderance than a pleasure. By now, people should already be getting aquainted with one another, but the deal is that Night has quickly fallen over the game, and at the moment, I think only Vallo is holding the last rays of the sun up. Once his talk with Edward is done, then the night will pass and you will all have your opportunities to get out into the town and get to work.

3. I like to play on an honor system, and would hope that all of you are fair players. This means for example that if you are a spell caster, that you honestly keep up with the spells you know, can cast, have used, etc. I trust that all of you came up with your ability scores honestly as well.

4. Open dialog and actions with other players in the game are free-form, as long as you obey forum and website rules. Read the rules if you have no idea what they are.

5. I cannot say this enough. Be prepared mentally and psychologically for your character to get killed. This is more than a creative writing exercise. It is a game, and sometimes people win and sometimes people lose. If you have no idea what I am talking about, ask Morgeruat. Or even me. I've lost my own characters to the game before, and it will happen again. We move on.

6. (I cannot recall what this one was...so just know that I will be adding to these once I get a good night's sleep and remember...)

[ 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #49
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Elethias - elven F/M killed by a shadow giant's sword, Roderik - died after being betrayed and dumped in the Shadow Mages tower, Morguerat - lost his paladinhood after being pierced multiple times by an arrow infused with the evilness of Larry, the Shadow Mage, has appeared in several forms since then, one is an evil mastermind, one is trying to redeem himself in his own eyes as well as those of his God.

Characters can and will die, it is the nature of any good game that an element of risk is there that cannot be avoided, or guarded against.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #50
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Death of Elethias (who had 51 hp at the beginning of the post)

Elethias more than the others is a great example of a good death, for there was no greater purpose in it, no greater good was accomplished by his loss, nor did he save the party through valiant deeds, he was struck at, from behind, by a villain who fled, and succumbed, refusing a tap-back he died in the lightless caves of the underdark. As a player who has lost a great deal of PnP AD&D characters through exactly the same sort of actions, I can say without hesitation that, poop does indeed happen, and it keeps the game exciting instead of being a powergamers walk or an extended creative writing session.

The Modding Mage Rules!!!

[ 12-13-2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Closed Thread