Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #91
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have nothing to add. Everything has been answered fully, and with no discrepencies.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #92
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's approximately what a portrait of Milanthir would look like (considering, of course, my very limited artistic abilities)
Old 01-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #93
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just a note of interest.

The conversations taking place between players do not require my intervention, and can continue to play out, starting with whoever's turn it is...

Milanthir was sent a PM reguarding the missed initiation of a conversation by Pandaros. He has not been around these past few days to actually see the PM, however.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #94
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Should I just continue to post as if Milanthir had not heard/seen my greeting? I can continue on in a different direction. I'm not sure how long I should wait.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #95
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Kazilan: I sent Milanthir a private message on 27 January, 2006 04:06 PM. He has not been here to read it since.

If the post still stands as is after another six hours from now (11pm EST), then we will assume that the elf has ignored your request at conversation and entered the temple without speaking with you.

Since you approached him from the back, it is possible that he did not hear you, was absorbed in some inner-thought, his culture finds it rude to be approached from the rear and he is shunning you, or a list of other possibilities.

I leave that in your capable hands to resume game play as you see fit. Give him the time I ask for, and then you can move. I look forward to getting the game moving along.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:18 AM   #96
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

You could come interrupt Oley and risk being turned into a newt for your effort (polymorph to amphibian is more temporary than most polymorph spells, so you can "get better" eventually
Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #97
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I apologize for my absence - and for ignoring your character, Kaz. I'm back.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #98
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

No worries Mil. We've taken care of it and moved along. Glad to see you back!

I am hoping that the website I was using for extracting information about Demeter and her temple will come back online. It was down when I was ready to post for you yesterday, but today I do not have time to do a post until I've taken care of this reading assignment I have due tomorrow for an essay in-class. I decided to stop in here long enough to see what was going on.

Hopefully, I can get back to this game tonight or late tomorrow night.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #99
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

you can download the 2nd ed legends and lore from www.wizards.com in their download archives (previous editions) it should cover Demeter, not sure how much detail it would go into though...

in other news, I'm sick (I think it may be caffeine withdrawl combined with nausea and dizzy spells)

{edit: here's the link: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/LegendsAndLore.rtf

[ 02-02-2006, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 02-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #100
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

2nd ed stats, no info on temples unfortunately.

Demeter (intermediate god)
Demeter is the queen of the fruitful earth and the goddess of agriculture. Without her blessing, no crops may grow on the earth. Demeter will not hesitate to use this fact to blackmail men and other gods if the need exists. In gratitude for help she once received while for searching for her lost daughter Persephone (who had been abducted by Hades), she also taught the men of Eleusis the secrets of making the earth fertile. The exact nature of these secrets, called the Eleusinian Mysteries, remains unknown to this day. In her true form, Demeter is a beautiful woman, but she can change her own shape and that of others at will. She also has complete control over the weather.
Role-playing Notes: Generally, Demeter is a benevolent goddess. However, if her worshipers ignore their duties, she does not hesitate to destroy their crops and send famine upon them.
Statistics: AL ng; WAL any non-evil; AoC agriculture; SY mare’s head.

Demeter’s Avatar (Wizard 15, Druid 14)
Demeter’s avatar is usually a beautiful woman, though she sometimes takes the form of a female horse. Demeter’s avatar can cast spells from the illusion school of magic, and the all, animal, elemental, healing, and weather spheres.

Str 18/00 Dex 18 Con 18
Int 18 Wis 18 Cha 18
MV 15 SZ 6’ MR 25%
AC 0 HD 15 HP 120
#AT 1 THAC0 5 Dmg ld8 +5 (spear) +6

Special Att/Def: Demeter’s avatar can only be injured by magical weapons and spells. In five rounds, a tree sprouts from any wound made by her spear. Two rounds after it sprouts, the tree becomes so large that the victim must lie on the ground until the roots are torn from his body (doing an additional 1d10 damage).

Duties of the Priesthood:
Priests devoted to Demeter must spend a year on Eleusis being initiated into the Eleusinian Mysteries. After that, they must return to Eleusis every February to help with the ceremonies surrounding the Lesser Mysteries, and every five years in September to help with the Greater Mysteries. Though it might be permissible to miss the Lesser Mysteries for a good reason, any priest missing the Greater Mysteries loses his clerical benefits until he attends the next set of Greater Mysteries in five years.

Requirements: AB standard; AL any non-evil; WP sickle, club, flail; AR b; SP all, animal, divination, elemental, healing, plant, weather; PW 1) plant growth; 10) control weather; 20) ability to create a potion of longevity (for the priest only); TU turn (upon attaining 5th level).
Closed Thread