Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Lord of the Forums Recruitment Pitch

OOC: What follows below is an explanation of the game by Joseph, one of the newer characters......

IC:

The way I see it, it’s a simple game really. It’s only got one real rule. Larry must die. That’s it. The guy’s just gotta die. All them threads over the last couple years, they just come down to killing off Larry and Larry trying to find a way to come back from the dead or just get somebody else killed in his place. Sure lotsa folks died in this game, but they all died because someone wanted to kill Larry or because Larry didn’t want to stay dead. Simple, ain’t it? The guy’s just gotta die.

But that’s where it get interesting too, because on the one side you got Larry and on the other side you got ..... well..... Larry. And they both gotta die. Larry who’s the good guy what used to be bad and do all kindsa of evil stuff is trying to get rid of the bad guy who used to be Larry and might some day be Larry all over again and who still gets off on doing all kindsa evil stuff. And the bad guy what used to be Larry? Well, he just wants Larry dead. Period. End of story. Or maybe that is the story – anyway it’s simple, right? Larry’s gotta die. That’s the rule.

Hell, we got one guy in the game – some joker they call the Windbringer who can’t seem to do a thing if it ain’t raining and miserable. I think he wants to kill ‘em both. Now there’s a guy what takes the rules all serious-like. Larry’s just gotta die. Good Larry, evil Larry, it don’t matter – he’s just gotta die.

Now some folks’ll look at this here game and see how long it’s been running and they’ll start thinking stuff like:

• This must just be for the older players.
• I’ll never get caught up on all that heavy plot type stuff posted by all those people in all those different colors that make my eyes hurt trying to read it.
• Larry ain’t that bad a guy, why does everybody want to kill him?

Now look, like I’ve already told ya there ain’t all that much to know. Larry’s in the game and he gotta die. Now you’re caught up. You wanna kill Larry? Good because it don’t matter whether you’re an old player or a new player the guy’s just gotta die and someone’s gotta kill him. So sign up already – time’s awasting and Larry ain’t getting any deader just by you reading this. You think Larry’s a good guy? Great then help keep the good Larry alive, but to do that the evil guy what used to be Larry and could be Larry again’s gotta die. Hell, we’ll even let you kill Larry’s Echo for good measure. I mean how many characters named Larry does a guy need?

I’m tellin’ ya. That’s all there is to it. Larry’s gotta die and you could help kill him. Now, I ask ya, what could be better than that?

So sign up already. Just contact – you guessed it – Larry and tell him he’s a dead man and that you’re gonna enter his own game just to kill him.

OOC: Sign up details to follow below.

[ 12-07-2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

We're inviting players to the longest continuously running game at IW and we're especially encouraging anyone who is new to the Role-Play forums (or this game in particular) to apply.

If you have no idea how to play but would like to learn, we can help.

Anyone interested in joining is welcome to sign up in this thread and to post the type of character - race and class - they'd like to play.

The emphasis of the game is both on having fun and telling a good story together.

Here are some details to consider:

* Characters should be between 5-7th level to start out with.
* Please include a short biography, and if you are proficient with a weapon.
* Magic items will be dealt with in the course of time.
* In every installment of the game characters have died, including some of our own.

[ 11-26-2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
Keal

well i'm set up to join, but I need more information about the stats like are they from 1-10 and what are the stat categories, like
STR
DEX
CHAR
INT
thats all I really need then i'm ready to go
Old 11-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

The game is in the D&D system so a character is a bit more complicated than in other systems. If you need help in making a character you can either pm me, or ask me on MSN.

(oh and Larry, you know that I wouldn't miss this game [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll try killing both of you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

[ 11-27-2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 11-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'm interested in playing, although if I remember last time I made a D&D character for a RP on here it took a few days.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome, Keal and Ivellis. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

It's good to see that folks are still willing to put Larry to death. And to think he believes he's safe in that tower of his [img]graemlins/thief.gif[/img]

We're not looking for a lot of detailed character information to start - race, class and level as well as abilities scores should suffice to give us a feel for getting things going.

For reference we have characters from several AD&D related systems present in the game - the base edition used is 2nd, but we've been able to accomodate both 3e and 1e characters as well. Just work with whatever system in which you feel most comfortable and we'll work on synchronizing things down the road.

By all means feel free to contact me, or Larry or dplax with any questions you might have.

BTW - dplax, you have no idea the amount of killing that's going to need to be done in the next game
[img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[ 11-27-2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 11-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Bwahahaha, Yes, the puny mortals shall attempt to slay Larry, whilst The Reaper takes the spoils, and the souls of those who try and fail.

[ 11-27-2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Keal:
well i'm set up to join, but I need more information about the stats like are they from 1-10 and what are the stat categories, like
STR
DEX
CHAR
INT
thats all I really need then i'm ready to go
The stats are Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Charisma. 3-18 (can be slightly higher if you are non-human, for instance dwarves can have up to a 19 con, while elves, and hobbits- being quicker- can have up to a 19 dex, etc.

I believe the traditional build uses 85 points, enough to allow any character, but not straight 18's (which would be quite insane), classes are fighting man, magic user, cleric, thief, along with sub-classes like illusionist, paladin, ranger, bard, druid, etc (pretty much all have been in the game at one point). if you only have BG or IWD (either one) or NWN you can build the character there and bring it in with few modifications.

I've also provided a few Hackmaster classes to the powers that be, things like BattleMages, Berserkers, and if anyone is curious I can provide a bit more to both players and the GM's running the game.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I made a GenCon thread to alert people who never come out this way to maybe take a look. Hopefully, there interest is already sparked about this place with Keal's thread from earlier this week.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...&f=34&t=001731
Old 11-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I added this message to the GenCon thread, and will place it here, too.

Just to add an elaboration...if you give us a chance to offer you a test run of gaming in our style and you decide that you do not like it, you are free to withdrawl with no harrassment. You may even offer any suggestions you feel appropriate if you find our style less than perfectly accomodating to your needs. We'll take all ideas into consideration.

The test run will not benefit nor hinder the storyline of the game so you can feel secure in trying it out with no feeling of letting any of us down if you choose not to continue.

At this time, we have two new recruits who are looking forward to their chance to start gaming.

Maybe I should get some testimonials posted.