Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Saw this flick the other day and I have to say I liked it a lot. I'de give it about an 8 1/2. I don't want to spoil it for any who didn't see it, but this movie does action and developes a plot as well as asking some fairly deep questions. It was also shot with a slightly grainy film which I think brilliantly adds to the overall effect the movie was trying to create. Simply top notch. If you haven't seen it I would defintiely suggestion it.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Yep, good flick. Though I only saw it after they added the alternate ending, so I still have no idea which was the original ending and which was the added one.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Very good movie. It scared the crap out of my wife and *cough* the guy sitting next to her. The only problem was there was this punk kid sitting next to us that kept laughing out loud during the movie. I don't understand why people do that. I figure buttheads like that are pretty insecure about really getting into the movie and letting themselves be scared so the only thing they can come up with is laughing it off in order to look cool. Or maybe no imagination.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah I hate it when other people ruin movies for me by being jackholes. I heard it had an alternate ending I wonder what that is. I'll have to check it out when it comes out on DVD
Old 09-19-2003, 07:12 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
yeah I hate it when other people ruin movies for me by being jackholes. I heard it had an alternate ending I wonder what that is. I'll have to check it out when it comes out on DVD
Well, I've seen it with both of the endings, but it showed one, then the other after the credits. I assume the first one (cheesy Hollywood ending) was the original, then the one after the credits (the grittier, much better one) was the alternate one. The very end was really my only gripe with the movie (you don't necessarily need a happy ending).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
Zero Alpha

IMHO i thought it was bad. badly acted, bad script, random poinless story, all round waste of time. and i normally love wasting my time. (i have it down to an art )
Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #7
Sakuri23
Dungeon Master

I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard great reviews from my friends. I heard that it is really scary (alot better than recent scary films, which aren't scary at all). Although I didn't see it in the theaters, I am definately going to try and see it on DVD.