Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Alright Here recently one of my programs quit working... I lost the disc to the program... All I need is the password to run it now... But I have found a hexadecimal version of it, But I can't convert the password into the proper language... Can Someone Please help... The Hexadecimal Version of the password is pretty basic... Its 95 1D 31 4B D5 E3 7B 73... Please someone help me out...

[ 01-12-2004, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Loumistro ]
Old 01-12-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Lou,
Did you ever register the program? Contact the company who wrote the program and ask them for help. That's your best solution for this problem.

This really isn't an appropriate topic for here on the board. I'm sure you're not trying to pirate software but this gets to be a rather dodgy subject. I'm sure you understand.

The hexcode you've listed works out at garbage and isn't any codeword that I can tell.
Sorry!
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

no, I'm not trying to pirate any software, but I did get in contact with the company and they had no clue what was wrong. They are supposed to be sending someone to check out the problem... Its my Win Vnc Program for my LAN... I understand... Thanks anyways
Old 01-20-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

A temporary workaround: If it is a VNC then there exist an open project called TightVNC, which is a VNC - but it is free of charge. Try tightvnc.com (I am not sure what the address is exactly).
As far as the hex code is considered: passwords are often encrypted. Either you know the encryption scheme from somewhere or you have no chance because the encrypted text is too short for any analysis by means of some nosing software. Therefore, give up and try to contact the corresponding company.
Your code makes no sense under any codepage, therefore, it is most likely encrypted.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ditto what Radek said. I use TightVNC for a couple of different customers, and it's free and easy to use.

The only downside (I believe) is that the recipient on the other side must be able to handle your VNC client. So whoever is on the other end will need TightVNC as well.

Of course, that opens it up to talk to the person on the other side now and get a fresh copy of the VNC client software. I believe that the VNC companies make their money on the server, not on the client.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote