Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-29-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

THESE are my faves (In order)
God of War
Prince of Persia (the first Ubisoft one)

God of war is AMAZING, and has the best story and graphics ever seen in a PS2 game. WORTH IT! its still 49.99 tho.

Prince 1 is value priced at 19.99 now, and LET ME TELL you. Its a one of my favorite PS2 games (or XBOX). The puzzles are amazingly cool, the story is excellent and music is the best.

BOTH have top ratings from most websites, and mag's. Those other games, I don't like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:26 AM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
God of war [...] has the best story and graphics ever seen in a PS2 game.
Depending on what games you've limited yourself to, that may be true.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #13
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks all! I'll probably get God of War, although I'm going to wait to see if the Devil May Cry 3 special edition comes out in the UK before I make my final decision. I still have one or two games to finish which will keep me ocupied until then.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
God of war [...] has the best story and graphics ever seen in a PS2 game.
Depending on what games you've limited yourself to, that may be true. [/QUOTE]I don't limit myself to any games. I see what I like, and buy it. And usually its always rated high, and is a best seller. And sometimes its not, but is awesome (Arx Fatalis). (MAN I cant wait for Arx 2).

[ 01-31-2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 01-31-2006, 10:18 PM   #15
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I actually wasn't implying games in general, but PS2 titles. What I was implying was your claiming God of War as being the best in those areas is largely dependent upon on the number and/or quality of PS2 games you've played.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ah.. [img]smile.gif[/img] Well, I've played over 100 PS2 games, and most are crap. The rare gems make up for it though..

Old 02-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #17
SecretMaster
Apophis

Its not on your list, but the Metal Gear Solid series is amazing. That, sadly, is my only real reason as to why I'm interested in getting a PS3 (when the price considerably drops)
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 AM   #18
the mighty stamar

Arx 2 became that dark messiah of might and magic game ziroc.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #19
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Its not on your list, but the Metal Gear Solid series is amazing. That, sadly, is my only real reason as to why I'm interested in getting a PS3 (when the price considerably drops)
The original Metal Gear Solid was one of my favorite PSone games, although I have been really put off the Metal Gear Solid series by the second one. I didn't even play half way through it but traded it in. I like to actually play games not watch them. It had its merits but just wasn't as anywhere near as enjoyable as the original IMO, which seemed to get the balance right between cutscenes and gameplay. Alot of the magazine reviews liked MGS3 though, but it's unlikely I would buy it.

Well anyway, I was off college this week so decided to work alot of extra shifts at work, so I therefore made alot of extra money. Now I can afford both DMC3 and God of War! [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I've already bought DMC3 and will buy GOW soon. DMC3 is actually really good, better than the 1st one even. It is hard but never unfair so if you practice you can beat the levels in the game and progress. I'm about 3/4 through now. And would recommend this game to anyone if there looking for an action game on PS2.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 AM   #20
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

It looks like I am too late to contribute, but DMC3 was really hard, you should get your game play out of that, but also try beating god of war in god mode, lol Now THAT is time consuming. the last boss took me like a week straight. But GOW is probably my favorite game out of that list. I also heard Disgaea mentioned. that game is ubersweet. I also suggest maybe you check out "Star Ocean:till the end of time" which you can get as a PS2 favorite anymore like $20 and if you like that "radiata stories" which is somewhat similiar, IE. made by the same people, but better. I've had a great deal of fun with that game as well. But defintiely get GOW you will not regret it. San andreas was also fun, but if you've played one GTA you've pretty much played them all. I also heard the new POP was really good, but I haven't played it.
Personally i just ordered "from russia with love" any game connery does the voice for has to be sweet, besides i got for $20 including shipping off an EBAY auction after that will probably be star wars battlefront 2 and soul calibur3, but thats just me