Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Shadow of the Colossus
Heard of it?

If you don't own a PS2 and/or haven't played Ico, then probably not. I don't have the time right now to get into too much detail, but if you navigate around that site a bit, you'll get the basic premise. I'll elaborate a little later.

[ 10-08-2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I've heard much about it. Don't you get to fight gigantic enemies, like uber huge?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
Nanobyte

Yes, the Colossi. They're huge. There are sixteen in total, with each being separate and unique from the others.

The story elements are much akin to Ico, where the player interprets the game as they will (trust me, this doesn't take away from the experience):

(Taken from http://www.us.playstation.com/games.aspx?id=SCUS-97472 )

Quote:
Tales speak of an ancient land where creatures the size of mountains, roam the majestic landscape. Bound to the land, these creatures hold a key to a mystical power of revival - a power you must obtain to waken a loved one.

Shadow of the Colossus is a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts. With your trusty horse at your side, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossi. Armed with your wits, a sword and a bow, use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth.

From the original developers of the critically acclaimed ICO™, comes a masterpiece of an adventure.
On top of all that, the scenery in this game is simply breathtaking.

So I'd say if you're even slightly interested, you should look into it.

edit: had to fix a URL tag

[ 09-26-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
Nanobyte

So for anyone that's interested, GameTrailers.com has a book load of SotC trailers, notably one from the Tokyo Game Show. Check it out: here.