Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-19-2001, 11:06 PM   #1
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

I just happen to have a few pet ferrets, have always had them & will always have them, and wanted a ferret as my familiar but because of my alignment i always get the dumb bunny--is their anyway to get around this??
Old 07-20-2001, 10:23 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

No.

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 10:34 AM   #3
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
No.
Is ferret a potential pet option? If not, then no, you can't

But if it is, can't he just mess his alignment around technically in Shadowkeeper, re-cast summon familiar, then change it back? (that is assuming you dont mind hacking your game)

Just idle thoughts. Most of the time I'm grasping at straws so chances are I'm completely out in left-field again

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old 07-20-2001, 02:04 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

I understand how you feel. I got a damn Faery Dragon when all I wanted was an Imp.
Guess I have to start a new ame as an evil wizard.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-20-2001, 08:28 PM   #5
DragonEdge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah who in there right mind wants a Fairy Dragon... gimme a black cat!
Old 07-20-2001, 09:40 PM   #6
joetbd
Manshoon

You can (I have) get and keep a familar different then what you are supposed to have. What you need to do is rename your familar's creature file. You dont have to edit anything, just rename it.

The problem with messing with your alignment, the familar is actually two things. Its a creature and an item. Sometimes when you switch a pet from you pack to the ground, it will disappear (or just change to the natural familar for that alignment).
Old 07-20-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
THE MASEMASTER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

YES YES YES you have to use shadow keeper and change your alignment to lawful neutral from neutral because only A lawful neutral charactor can get a FERRET.
I had one in one game I played but I forgot what powers he had that was about 11 or 12 games back of the twenty-five or twenty-six game of SoA I've finished.
it works very well with no bugs or bad effects

------------------
IS IT FRIDAY YET !!