Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-18-2001, 10:44 PM   #11
Armisael

Yeah, if only it was that simple. Liches become protected by mantle (and a whole swag of other things) as soon as they enter a battle. You can't disrupt it, it's like a contingency, and timestop's the first spell they cast. If all your fighters and thieves are gathered around him when the timestop goes off, he's gonna cast symbol stun, fear and death, and whoever survives will be either held in place or running around like a moron.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:46 AM   #12
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Hmmm... In light of all this information (very useful and many thanks, by the way), methinks I have the solution but I need more help.

If some adept hacker could figure out a way for me to import some tactical nukes from one of those WWIII type games, I would not have to trouble you good people further.

Memnoch: Only thing close to a reference work I've stumbled across is called "Cloak and Dagger." It's new and has some decent reviews but I don't think I'm ready to commit $30 to it. Also, thanks for the reading list and suggestions.
Old 01-19-2001, 03:42 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by ed_kalkylus:

Kangaxx, is a little harder, but with the proper weapons (one in particular), the fight shouldn't take too long.

Everyone's writing off Kangaxx now as a threat because once the strategy to beat him is known, he's easy. Try being one of the first to fight him three months ago when BG2 first came out. It took many, many reloads and many, many imprisonment spells.
Old 01-19-2001, 03:57 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

A few thingies...
Well first of all, Pitfiends must hate me cause they attack me regardless of who summons them unless its from my party and a protection from evil 10´ radius.
But, well more fighting for me, funny but against the lich, that girl and beholder, and well yes there is a vampire too, but he is sliced and diced real quick though I have a little tiny suggestion for the developers here, where the hell are all the caskets for thoose vampires, sofar I have found only three in the graveyard district tunnels where you fight Bodhi the first time (teaming with the shadowthieves). And furthermore, all these Liches, are they into the plot or something? First time I encountered one was in the unseeing eye quest and then i found one more after I started to check for hidden doors everywhere cause the pirates in the inn affair. This how ever I have found out later are connected to a lot of quests I haven´t been able to solve in the right order cause well i have stumbled into some of them at the wrong time, and well anyone attacks you, he is just game for the wolf...
So when i found out that lair of the demilih and he started to babble about soeone called Kangaxx I got really puzzeled? Who? But well that wasn´t one line I could choose so it became "let´s dance".

So anyone has a few pointers to tell me about this? Anyone knows something about thoose liches and why they like to hangoutclose to inns??
Old 01-19-2001, 04:15 AM   #15
Armisael

Well, don't you? Heh.
Two liches are connected to Kangaxx - a slight spoiler, they're guarding his remains so he can't be reborn. The lich in the city gates inn is just a little punishment for being too nosey.

Old 01-19-2001, 04:16 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Liches... I wanna have spell triggers like them! Damn... maybe that girl in the Twisted Rune hasn't identified the staff thats why she ain't protected by evil. That is stupid, but its a possibility. As for Kanggax, I was disappointed. His demi-lich form tasted first hand my sword's 20-25%(i forgot), 'one hit you're dead' ability... whatta waste of spells by Aerie that time... Korgan is good against Kanggax coz he's a beserker. : )
Old 01-19-2001, 04:20 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well. I may be noosey but Lich is dead as disco...
Ok, thanks, so thats it? Something to do if you find all the Drows and dragons to be to easy? Ok..