Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 10-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Ironworks Forum Once again, into the breach!

My loving girlfriend bought me a Bioware gift card for my birthday, so I got some goodies plus the main mods for dragon age, since she's shown an interest in the game, which I find amusing.

So starts the (mis)adventures of Kyrvias the Grey Warden.

Installed a few mods, being Obsidian's Nobler Noble, Ancient Elven Boots Fix, No More Annoyances!, More Natural Bodies, Wings of Velvet, Skip the Fade (It's necessary, I am SICK of that part.), and Extra Dog Slot v1.4. Oh, and Dragon Age Redesigned.

These together, in my opinion (Sans wings of velvet, it's just a mage robe mod. But a very nice textured robe, to be sure) create a more... full world. Especially DA Redesigned. The modder basically changed all of the faces you see- in three different directions, an aethestic version, a lore version, and a "True to bioware's vision" version. I have to agree with a lot of the changes, including Arl Howe.

I promised myself I'd be playing this like Baldurs Gate as much as I could, so at the expense of other abilities, I'm maxing Battle Tactics first and foremost, to see how well the AI actually reacts. Post is getting too long, so time for a double (Gasp!) so I can move on to tactics.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Once again, into the breach!

The best thing about The Extra Dog Slot mod is not only does it include all the interactions, allowing you to have 5 characters- since the dog occupies your summon slot, has so few skills, and requires little micromanaging, I've started just controlling him during battles so my other characters can use their prewritten "tactics". Also, Overwhelm makes the dog a mage killer Extraordinair. (Pity the Wizard Slayer class in BG GII wasn't this useful!)

Also, I'm playing on Nightmare, as a rogue. Obviously, spoilers within.

Origin: Obsidian's Nobler Noble allowed me to start in noble clothin, with no weapons, which makes sense, if you think about it. Dum de dum, talk to people in the castle. Hook up with the elf handmaiden .
Quote:
Journal Note: My dog has told me there are rats in the cellar. The cats have turned traitor and they're on the offensive! I am the only one to stand in the way of such awesome power. Farewell, dear journal. Farewell...
The castle is under siege! And revel in my fancy new armour. The battles here were more trouble than they're worth, given the gaurds HP doesn't scale with difficulty, and mom isn't the best melee fighter in the world. All the same, using stealth, I avoided some fights, and fought in others, to finally make it to my father, and subsequently Ostagar.

Ostagar: Went VERY smoothly, as I was able to buy the ingrediants, and recipes, to make "bombs". Incidentally, I set my tacts to throw bombs at clustered enemies, and even on nightmare, it sure does take a chunk of health out of 'em! Collecting the blood required a bit of hit and run tactics (I seem to have reverted to equipping everyone with ranged weapons, and then switching my fighters to melee once they close in, ala Baldurs Gtae ), but other than a few losses on the Jory and Alistair side, we found the Chasind hidden cache, The two missionaries, and sprinkled some ash on some rock (To get some nice enchanters footing! Every little bit helps.) The Tower of ishal is my next stop in this long line of tutorials, and that shall be interesting, to say the least! But college work comes a calling, so it'll just have to wait. Till next time, Ironworkers!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

College is sapping my free time, but I'll have an update by this weekend.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
Froberg
The Magister

Not much has happened since? :p