Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
the only reason we did kill it other than it was going after the cat, is because there are alot of young kids around here, and most do not know how dangerous these snakes are. and we knew it was a deadly snake by the coloring and shape of it's head, I was just not sure of the type. my husband was the one who told me it was a copperhead. of course when you are worried if it has bitten you, the last thing you think of is what kind it is I would not know how to live anywhere else though TL, this has always been my home, it has just been years since I saw a snake up close. but like my neighbor and husband both said, because we live by a marshy area with a creek bed behind us, it is not going to be the last one we see either I just hope my kids are not as crazy ads I was at their age...I once picked up a baby copperhead by the tail and carried it around like that for awhile.....then gave it to my mom and told her it was an earthworm and it never bit me....
How did she react? [/QUOTE]who my mom? how would you expect her to react? she took it from me, then proceeded to squish it's head on the ground, and it was just a baby, lol
Old 09-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #12
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

How far from the water are you Stormy? Copperheads, as you pointed out are flat out atrocious, normally travel in groups, *Keep and eye out for the other*. What lies between you and the water? And do you have any just off the ground sheds, or wood stacks? What about rocks?

I won't kill rattlers, or any non poisonus snakes, but either version of the moccasin is "open season".

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I've had the same type of experence with a red Belly Black snake when we were building our house.

I lifed up a tarp and wham thissnake comes charing out. Lucky it didn't bite me but I tell you what it got the heart beating!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

Worse than this?

A pack of lions... who had been starved for 3 weeks, hopped on angels dust... you'd welcome a snake anytime after finding that I think... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, i'm glad you caught it before it caught your kids... or your cat [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 06:11 PM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
How far from the water are you Stormy? Copperheads, as you pointed out are flat out atrocious, normally travel in groups, *Keep and eye out for the other*. What lies between you and the water? And do you have any just off the ground sheds, or wood stacks? What about rocks?

I won't kill rattlers, or any non poisonus snakes, but either version of the moccasin is "open season".
not very far, and there are woods, and yeah we have 2 sheds off ground too :/ and quite a few big rocks around plus, we live in a trailer, which is raised off the ground too...and like I said it is marshy here.

[ 09-24-2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 09-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #16
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
quote:
the only reason we did kill it other than it was going after the cat, is because there are alot of young kids around here, and most do not know how dangerous these snakes are. and we knew it was a deadly snake by the coloring and shape of it's head, I was just not sure of the type. my husband was the one who told me it was a copperhead. of course when you are worried if it has bitten you, the last thing you think of is what kind it is I would not know how to live anywhere else though TL, this has always been my home, it has just been years since I saw a snake up close. but like my neighbor and husband both said, because we live by a marshy area with a creek bed behind us, it is not going to be the last one we see either I just hope my kids are not as crazy ads I was at their age...I once picked up a baby copperhead by the tail and carried it around like that for awhile.....then gave it to my mom and told her it was an earthworm and it never bit me....
How did she react? [/QUOTE]who my mom? how would you expect her to react? she took it from me, then proceeded to squish it's head on the ground, and it was just a baby, lol [/QUOTE]If you had given it to my mother, she would have shrieked loud enough to be heard in the next city, and she would probably have managed to climb on the roof of the house...
Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 PM   #17
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

LOL! I imagine my mother would have too, if not for the fact that she acted before she thought. I was about 4 or 5 years old at the time, so it was kind of a shock to her system to find her little girl playing with snakes
Old 09-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ahh...Snakies. Marvelous creature aren't they? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Being a former pet owner of a King Cobra. An encounter with a snake out there somewhat doesn't frightned me. I mean since I owned a King, other types of snakes seems inferior to me.
I had my fair share of encounter with snakes ( Python , Spitting Cobra, Cobra , Grass Snake etc )Usually I just run home and collect my King Cobra and charge back to the scene to see if the snake is stupid enough to just stay there.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well from what i've seen as Snakes they're mostly solitary. But in the US i gess they construct nests, so there is a possiblity. In Cuba we just have racers and boas though. Nothing venomous. It's just every time i've ever seen a snake it's been the only snake of its kind anyone's seen in a long time.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #20
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
If you had given it to my mother, she would have shrieked loud enough to be heard in the next city, and she would probably have managed to climb on the roof of the house...
My mom would've ripped its head off & cackled with glee at it