Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-29-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Does anybody has reliable data about the value of these caps. Is it 100 for all three ?

Thanx in advance.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

I know that skills cap at 100, but can be fortified to over 100. I think that attributes work the same way. Not sure what the level cap is.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

afaik, there is NO level cap.

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 01:13 PM   #4
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

My guy won't go over 100 in strentgh and 100 in axe and blunt weapons.. I can't tell you any more than that.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Dont know how but my longblade is at 220
i dont understand it but i'm not complaining
Old 05-29-2002, 02:29 PM   #6
Avenstar
Dungeon Master

Slackerboy:

Items that fortify/reduce skills/attributes are currently bugged in that they don't reduce/increase when the items are taken off. The effect is most common on Bound items.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

see? slacker's special!

is it constant, hon? i have seen some skills go above 100, when i was enhancing them with spells and the like... but i'm still a baby thief. yeah, still!!

anyone else? have your skill in a major skill go up over 100 constantly? what'd you do to get it there?

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #8
DraconisRex

SOME SPOILER/CHEAT INFO
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

My understanding is the "Bound Items" enhancements are not permenant unless you specifically design a "cheat" spell. To whit, the spell must have a "0" duration. There are also some other problems with these bound items, but I don't remember the exact specifics regarding the "unequipable" issue as I'm not at all interested in exploiting unforseen design flaws to "win."

You can, however, make a permenant "bound" item that won't evaporate AND won't increase your stats unless it is equiped. I've tested this claim and found it to be true. I made a set of Deadric Armor + a Deadric Weapon, then left it there to rot.

To do this:

1. Make the bound item.
2. UNEQUIP the bound item FROM YOUR HAND/BODY PART INTO YOUR INVENTORY.
3. GO INTO YOUR INVENTORY and DROP THE ITEM onto the ground.
4. WAIT for the spell to EXPIRE (the icon indicating a bound item in your LOWER RIGHT corner will go away, including the "empty placeholder."
5. Pick up the item. It is now permenent.

6. Cheat like the little dog you are, if you're so inclinded... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:15 PM   #9
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

there is a level cap, its based on your skills
you have primary skills, and minor skills
every 10 times you level up a skill thats primary or minor you gain a level.

So you can calculate your maximum level based upon your primary and minor skills; i havent played in a week so i cant off the top of my head recall how many primary and how many minor skills you have.

the highest level character ive had so far was level 63rd and she had all but two of the primary/minor skills at 100; i cant recall what they were at though either.

but that doesnt really matter a great deal; by the time your level 15 your nearly invincible. by 30 you are unkillable unless you make some stupid mistakes or just dont fight back using your head (like dodging vivecs magical attacks till he starts punching you)
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You can increase your stat by using item that can give you constant effect.

Quote:
Items that fortify/reduce skills/attributes are currently bugged in that they don't reduce/increase when the items are taken off. The effect is most common on Bound items.
I don't know, I tried anything to see this bug but so far it never happen to me. strange no?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote