Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 03:44 PM   #21
vesselle
Hathor

i know teambg and the ieep, but i am still banging my head against a wall.
****i don't know this tl you mentioned several times. who or what is that?
can you please post the addy?****
also, i think any way you can expand on the basics of item creation and effects would be greatly appreciated. your suggestion of a cross reference for effects is GREAT! i know what i want it to look like, i just dont know the name of it. its hard to go thru every single thing till you find it. the frustration factor is what gets to you. if you had a step by step tutorial to make one item with one effect right off the bat, then that would be real encouragement.

thanks

V***V

Old 06-15-2001, 06:18 PM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
personally i'd like to have a good guide to CRE editing. if you want a little help in anything. i'd be happy to help. also i've thought up a great way to make make more monk like kits (more like a monk and less like arcane fist)

Thanks for the offer but I'll make a go if it myself
And thanks but I already know how to make monk kits, and I mean proper ones, nothing like the arcane fist.

Old 06-15-2001, 06:25 PM   #23
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
i know teambg and the ieep, but i am still banging my head against a wall.
****i don't know this tl you mentioned several times. who or what is that?
can you please post the addy?****
TL a.k.a. ToddTeamBG is one of the 3 guys who make up TeamBG hehe. He wrote IEEP and all the programs that are part of it.
TL's site is http://ganymede.spaceports.com/~tlstuff/

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #24
Elhardo
The Magister

Hey isn't It Vasquez....Of aliens right...hehe never mind...Your webby is kewl. nice music
Old 06-15-2001, 06:50 PM   #25
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
TL a.k.a. ToddTeamBG is one of the 3 guys who make up TeamBG hehe.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 06-15-2001).]

wow! thanks so much! i don't know how i missed that! *smiles happily*

V***V

Old 06-15-2001, 07:16 PM   #26
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Elhardo:
Hey isn't It Vasquez....Of aliens right...hehe never mind...Your webby is kewl. nice music
Hehe, thanks...but my name has nothing to do with Vasquez....my name has a meaning in hungarian...the similarities to Vasquez are purely coincidental.

Old 06-15-2001, 08:55 PM   #27
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
One additional thing: I think the biggest obstacle to people trying to create items/spells/effects is not knowing what the opcode/resource code for the effect they are trying to complete. Having to continually load other items to find out what the opcodes are can get frustrating (though I think ppl should persevere with this if they really want to learn. ). Maybe if you or someone came up with a full list of structures?

I think I've got a list that would make a good start, Memnoch. Out of 300 codes, I've got 255 of them listed. 3 columns: hex code, effect name (according to IEEP), and an item/spell that incorporates that particular opcode (for experimentation). The only problem is that I don't have a place to put the list so others may download it. Any help on this particular difficulty?

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 06-16-2001, 06:33 PM   #28
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

The first guide is done. On hex-editing. I started a new thread....just writing this in case u miss that one. Get the guide at my site in the editing section....check the other thread too.

------------------
And still I see no changes, all I see is racist faces, misplaced hate makes disgraced the races. We under, I wonder what it takes to make this, one better place, let's erase the wastin...
Fortress Vaskéz