Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-30-2000, 10:40 AM   #1
aleshibc

IWD is such a cool game. However, I'm having a hard time getting through Dragon's eye, the fourth level. Im sure if I'm using the right strategies, or if i need to go back and level up my characters, or export them out and start over. I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

fighter, Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Thief, and conjurer

Aleshibc
Old 09-30-2000, 01:22 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

The Strategy I used my first time through was getting help from the 'real' Eldathyn people. To get to them you have to go as far North as you can, there are two doors which are locked to the East (Right), if you pick the one to the South and enter five or six guys will start talking to you and then help you in the killing of the Eldathyn and the Yuan-Ti. Though you wont get as much Experience from doing this it's still by far the easiest way to do it.
Or you could try and find some sort of choke point and pick a door nearby, like the room with the big carpet. If you try and do this remember to have a couple of Barkskin and bless etc. with your Priests and Haste with your Mage. If there's any change I'd do to that party it's to exchange either the Cleric or the Druid for another Fighter type charcter, like the Ranger, to do this though you might want to make him a higher level and this might take some time, I suggest the first strategy the first time through and then the other the second and consecutive tries to beat the game, the Second time though will basically be a slaughther of the Eldathyn, or at least it was for me.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2000, 05:15 PM   #3
stred
Welcomed New User

A really hard battle indeed,the strategy i used is to have my mage cast invisibility in all the party members except the cleric that used sanctuary,so the invisible party went to kill the high summoner and the sunctuary cleric made the most of the gurds follwed them.After i killed high summoner some fireballs from distance and horror spells were enough to make all the rest an easy prey for my fighters!
stred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2000, 01:09 AM   #4
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you're Paladin is getting Albion mad at the first encounter, hold him back and send someone to go explore the area. Buy spells if you want. Return to Albion with your party ready to go, and make sure to use the choke they give you! Casting things like Entangle and Web in the choke can buy a lot of time to drop a nuke (Fireball) on them, and a well-placed Skull Trap, Glyph of Warding and Spike Stones will take care of most of the enemies while your archers pick them off. Then, go rescue the four prisoners in the locked round room in the center, and follow them to the right. You'll have to deal with a big pack of Yuan-Ti, but with the prisoners helping it should be no problem. If you need to rest jnow, ask the former prisoners to watch you, and then proceed to the bottom-right corner, where the High Summoner is. Hopefully the prisoners are nearby, as they'll help finish them off, but if you've rested they shouldn't be a threat. Clean up the level and pick up all the goodies (there are many here). Though I agree having a Cleric, Druid AND a Paladin might be a bit much on the healing side. Hope that helped

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote