Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 02:05 PM   #1
lollypop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If I install all 4 of the BG games and start from the beginning by playing BG1 will I be able to use the BG2 features in the entire game play- for example the new characters, spells, exp levels, etc.? For example can I choses some of the new classes from BG2 to play BG 1? Does anyone know?
lollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

No, BG1 and BG2 are discreet games. Having BG2 installed will not affect BG1 in any way.

However, installing the BG1 expansion Tales of the Sword Coast will enhance BG1: it does not change the ending, but rather raises the XP cap, adds more spells, new items, and four new areas to the game. ToB is similar in that it adds new spells, weapons, armor, etc., to BG2. But as I understand it, you don't play the ToB modules until you have completed Shadows of Amn. Or? Not too long ago I had BG2/ToB installed and there was a distinct option on the start up screen for ToB, so that was my assumption. But please someone correct me if this is wrong.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis:
But as I understand it, you don't play the ToB modules until you have completed Shadows of Amn. Or? Not too long ago I had BG2/ToB installed and there was a distinct option on the start up screen for ToB, so that was my assumption. But please someone correct me if this is wrong.

You're right. The ToB areas come after the final battle of SoA, except for Watcher's Keep which can be entered from both SoA and ToB.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
The Dark

So basically you are saying that there is more than Watchers Keep to the ToB expansion. (I just started replaying BGII with ToB on board) These areas can still be accessed by starting a new game of BGII right? I mean you don't have to specifically click the ToB option upon load up do you, ALL the areas wil be in my SoA game not just Watchers Keep.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by The Dark:
So basically you are saying that there is more than Watchers Keep to the ToB expansion. (I just started replaying BGII with ToB on board) These areas can still be accessed by starting a new game of BGII right? I mean you don't have to specifically click the ToB option upon load up do you, ALL the areas wil be in my SoA game not just Watchers Keep.

No the only ToB area you can access during SoA is Watcher's Keep. ToB provides a conclusion to the bhaalspawn saga, but that does not start until you do the final SoA battle, you will then be transported to a brand new area and start ToB. You also cannot access any SoA areas when you start ToB.