Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Having some fun with this combo but will it work in the end? I'm now 4bard, 4Rogue and 1 AA. I was planning on getting the Rogue and Bard to level 6 for the level 6 bennefits but then what Rogue the rest of the way. I'm thinking about moving this character into the next modual so I should get about 30 levels or so out of him. 10 levels of AA.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

Sounds like a nice build. It will be strong on buffs, very strong on damage (since the sneak attack will work with the bow, and this damage bonus will cumulative with the AA damage bonuses [img]smile.gif[/img] ) but quite weak on HP and AC so you will need to get used to deploying hit and run tactics - although the Rogue's stealth ability matches with the grace of the AA quite nicely.

I think robertthebard here tried an AA/Cleric/Bard which had some truly great buffs. Yours will have less impressive buffs but the potential to be more damaging through the Rogue's sneak attack ability.

BTW if you're playing SoU -> HoTU with the same character, expect to finish at about level 28 tops, but that's still enough to get a good 10 levels of AA (although you should consider taking this even higher if you can, since the AA is one of the few priestege classes that continue to grow in power significantly in the form of regular attack and damage bonuses past level 10). You might like to consider an AA(10)/Bard(10)/Rogue(8) build which will give you a good balance of rogue abilities, spell casting (up to level 4), buffing (via bard song) and great ranged attacking ability. If you wanted to push for some more powerful spell casting at the expense of some ranged attack power and/or some rogue abilities, you could take 16 levels of bard in order to gain level 6 spells and a stronger bardic song. It's entirely up to you how you balance the classes.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok guys, how about catering to some of us newbies and not using abriviations. What's AA?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Ok guys, how about catering to some of us newbies and not using abriviations. What's AA?
Arcane Archer
Old 01-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Arcane Archer.

The bard/cleric/AA was ok, but no epic spells for the cleric, while keeping the classes close enough together to overcome the xp penalties. Bard/AA/Rogue can be quite effective, actually, and will not suffer that greatly at ac, if you use robes/clothing type armor, with no dex bonus limits. For an archer of any type, mundane or arcane, you will need a high dex anyway. Be sure to put a lot of points into perform during the bard lvls, and take every stat point you can in dex. Your attack bonuses, and dex will improve dramatically in the later lvls, and you may want to invest in the curse song as well. For me, I'd go 7 lvls bard, with perform maxed, as well as spell craft, maybe 8 lvls of rogue, and all the rest in AA. Don't take all the class lvls together at one time, you need to get a feel for when feats are coming, especially after you reach lvl 20. You should be able to get a dex of around 27 or so, w/out bonuses, and get as much bonus to dex as you can.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I ran a ranger/wiz/aa through SoU and am currently fighting the end battle in HoTU with her(still haven't got the big guy down!). I can't recall her exact levels, but I think she's past 10 in the AA. VERY impressive stuff that prestige class! Think I started taking some more Wizard and ranger levels after making level 10 in the AA.

[ 01-25-2006, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Does anyone know if the +1,+2 ect. bonus stacks with other arrows. Like ice or piercing arrows? I think I lost deekin also, like he was disintegrated at the battle in the temple to get water. Does he reapear? I'm at the crypt tower now.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I think that + only works with regular arrows.

Uh.. if he vanished in a puff with no body...not sure you can get him back. If he just died normally, you should find him at the recall spot.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

No he vanished completely, I'm sure that should't effect Hordes if he is in there.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

He is.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote