Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-28-2002, 09:15 PM   #51
Arvon
Unicorn

What is truely sad is that some here are so thin skined. I posted the article because I thought it was funny and wierd. The fact of the location is immaterial. Please lightenup here folks. In no case have I or will intensionally Disgrace any one, any nationallity, or creed. But I will continue to post what I think is humorous....so there!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 01-28-2002, 09:29 PM   #52
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
But I will continue to post what I think is humorous....so there!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good on ya! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can't believe how some people react to some posts!
As one of the mods pointed out (or was it the "Z" man himself) "Always look at a post in the funniest/best possible way, in other words read it from the posters point of view." If you are still offended then by all means say so but remember that one day the tables could be flipped!
Peace out and remember to laugh at yourselves from time to time (nobodys perfect) [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 09:38 PM   #53
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Arvon: VERY WELL SAID! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] You keep right on posting the humor, man...Lord knows we need it here. If I didn't get a chance to get a snicker once in awhile, this job would be intolerable.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-29-2002, 01:39 AM   #54
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:

Actually...its whichever *you* prefer. Are you Chinese living in Holland? Dual citizen? Going to college? Just curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]

FWIW, I have absolutely no problem with Lennon defending his country. My problem is that he's being a right proper jerk about it. In the first place, noone attacked the Aussies. Arvon just posted something amusing. In the second Lennon has done nothing but be belittling and insulting since his first post on this thread. Its beginning to get *REAL* trollish IMO.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

Actually it's what You prefer (this is going nowhere :-p)
I'm Dutch by nationality
Born in the netherlands
With chinesee blood
So that makes me dutch 8-|

And saying Crocodile man becomes Australian of the year
Well That IS insulting
Old 01-29-2002, 01:41 AM   #55
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
[QB]

North America the contenent is North America, North America as in the USA is Yank-Land, [QB]

Eh lennon
North America is more then USA
if you look at it geograficly
It's Canada with USA hanging under it and Mexico trying to tear of USA's pants (Texas)
eh but enough of me now...

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Konfuzed and Zany ]

Old 01-29-2002, 02:28 AM   #56
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzed and Zany:

And saying Crocodile man becomes Australian of the year
Well That IS insulting

LOL I know! Who picks these things? He didn't get it, fortunately.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:37 AM   #57
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzed and Zany:

Eh lennon
North America is more then USA
if you look at it geograficly
It's Canada with USA hanging under it and Mexico trying to tear of USA's pants (Texas)
eh but enough of me now...

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Konfuzed and Zany ]

I knew that. I actually refered to North America as a continent first (continent= great bing landmass heap of countries in it), and then refered to one of the most common misconceptions, of North America refering only to the US. Actually, alot of canadians (or Canooks to use the polotically correct term), say that they are NOT part of North America... when geographically they are definately in one of the continents called America, and seeing as it is North of the US, it must be North America.

And the US isnt exactly hanging under Canada... if you look at any decent, up to date map, you will see Alaska just west of canada- Alaska being a state of the US.

And concerning my original post on this thread- it was meant to be a joke, but evidently it was not taken that way. Thus, I will edit all my posts on this thread which I intended to be light hearted jokes, and insert some smilies to make it more apparent that they were jokes.

Oh- Rikard, about your comment which classifies me as an american. If I am ANY natinality other than Aussie, I would be either:
  • Welsh
  • Scottish
  • Chinese
  • Brittish
as I have those nationalities in my ancestry. Although I was born in Australia, and have never been out of Australia, so I would class myself as Aussie.

And The Crocodile Man IS Aussie ?? Okay... I guess we DO have the Odd wierdo... and Australian of the year ?? Id nominate JOHN HOWARD before the crocodile man!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 02:40 AM   #58
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

quote:

Oh- Rikard, about your comment which classifies me as an american. If I am ANY natinality other than Aussie, I would be either:
  • Welsh
  • Scottish
  • Chinese
  • Brittish
as I have those nationalities in my ancestry. Although I was born in Australia, and have never been out of Australia, so I would class myself as Aussie.

And The Crocodile Man IS Aussie ?? Okay... I guess we DO have the Odd wierdo... and Australian of the year ?? Id nominate JOHN HOWARD before the crocodile man!!!

That wasn't Rikard

I'l like to be Welsh though [img]smile.gif[/img]
easy to come in the national soccer team [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2002, 09:33 AM   #59
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:

I knew that. I actually refered to North America as a continent first (continent= great bing landmass heap of countries in it), and then refered to one of the most common misconceptions, of North America refering only to the US. Actually, alot of canadians (or Canooks to use the polotically correct term), say that they are NOT part of North America... when geographically they are definately in one of the continents called America, and seeing as it is North of the US, it must be North America.

Well, I am afraid, Mr Lennon, your conception of that common misconception is a misconception itself - at least both in the case of German and English: the common misconception here is the use of America, not North America, as a synonym for the USA. In Spanish you would be right though: by "norteamericano" a Spanish speaker, at least one from Spain, refers to an inhabitant/citizen of the USA.

quote:

And concerning my original post on this thread- it was meant to be a joke, but evidently it was not taken that way. Thus, I will edit all my posts on this thread which I intended to be light hearted jokes, and insert some smilies to make it more apparent that they were jokes.

I am afraid that marking your attempts at irony with smileys is a good idea - and something that, sadly enough, seems to have become increasingly necessary here recently - sigh.

But then again, it would be probably also appropriate to draw your attention to one simple fact: while I personally find your particular brand of teen arrogance - and the rejections it triggers - rather amusing, you have to be prepared for quite less benevolent and appreciative reactions from many other people, maybe even from most ...

I apologize for that sermon .... happy posting and gaming to you ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 01-29-2002, 10:28 AM   #60
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Not any worse than Juan Peron taxidermying his dead wife, Evita, and sitting her stuffed corpse at the same table that his second wife, Isabel, had to SHARE...now THAT's sicko. If I'd have been Isabel Peron, that's when I would have gotten up and walked out on the perv. That's one step away from necrophilia.

-Sazerac

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img] AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!