Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2001, 05:21 PM   #1
Anthem
Dungeon Master

Once he turns into the demi lich ..it's all over he simply imprisons most of my party. Ive died prolly 25 times. any spoilers for this? or good tactics?
Thanks for any input.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

try kill him
Old 11-06-2001, 05:31 PM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Possible Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

summon as many creatures as you can. eventually he will run out of imprisonments on them, and then you can go for him yourself. i think he can do eight imprisonments, if im not mistaken. also, if you have it, try to use the daystar sword against him, that will mess him up pretty good.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-06-2001, 06:14 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by DM of FAoIW:
try kill him

Shees, that's probably THE most helpfull piece of advice i ever saw and it smells of spam.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Anthem:
Once he turns into the demi lich ..it's all over he simply imprisons most of my party. Ive died prolly 25 times. any spoilers for this? or good tactics?
Thanks for any input.

A few strategies exist. Try a search with Kangaxx and you'll find a lot of threads on that topic. But i'll give you some pointers anyway. Buy prot. from undead scrolls and cast them, also prot. from magic works. If you use prot. from undead, be sure to have one person (the one who places the bodyparts into the sarcophagues, i know, bad spelling) without it. This should be your mage as they can have a spell immunity : abjuration cast on them which protects them from improsonement.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:21 PM   #6
Ugaya
Manshoon

For me the best weapon against him is the upgraded Mace of Disruption (available in chapter 3). He always failed his saving throw.

The best protection against his nasty spells are a protection scroll from Undead or from Magic (available at the Adventurer's Mart). If you have one, he is just a victim.

Another possibility is boosting up Aerie, protecting her by Spell Immunity (Abjuration) and hoping she won't fail her saving throw against Wail of the Banshee.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:22 PM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The reply about summoning and staying FAR away is as good as I can do. Armored skeletons are best, because they're so magic-proof. Don't forget, he won't chase you, especially with 5 armored skeletons smashing his chili-bowl. P.S. (Cheese) you can reimport your mage after they can cast 9th level spells, if you've loaded TOB. Use lotsa Spellstrike and spell trap, with Time-stop thrown in for good measure.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-06-2001, 06:25 PM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The reply about summoning and staying FAR away is as good as I can do. Armored skeletons are best, because they're so magic-proof. Don't forget, he won't chase you, especially with 5 armored skeletons smashing his chili-bowl. P.S. (Cheese) you can reimport your mage after they can cast 9th level spells, if you've loaded TOB. Use lotsa Spellstrike and spell trap, with Time-stop thrown in for good measure.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-06-2001, 08:42 PM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

the easiest way to take him out once he becomes the demilich is to cast a protection form undead on your best tank, and then hide you other guys in the corners out of the demilich range of sight. then you can just beat on him with the one guys and he wont even know your there due to the protection scroll spell. It may take awhile and you may only do 1-3 damage per hit, but he dies eventually before your prot scroll runs out, then you have your whole party still, and ****spoiler the ring of gaxx. you might have to rest from the fight with the regular lich, but thats nothing compared to trying to get a freedom scroll, then unimprisoning you NPCs. Good luck with him until I figured out the prot scrool, cheat type deal. he just flat out murdered me. there are old threads about this so you can search for those if you want more info. hope this helped a little
Old 11-06-2001, 09:06 PM   #10
Snitzella
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just before he starts to talk and turns himself into a dimilich let Anomen cast blade barrier and protection from undead (scroll)on himself. Let one of your magic users cast improved haste on Anomen and then run away near the stairs with the entire party (exept Anomen off course. This worked for me.