Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 05:54 AM   #1
cheesus
Dungeon Master

i have had a few bugs with bg2, so i thought i'd download the patch but alas they continue. there's 2 bugs that plague me:

1. the movies (like the intro) always crash my machine if they play for more than a couple of seconds.

2. when i save, there's always a chance a error messgae with text (with VXD within it) appears.

anyone else have this? i've recently downloaded the latest drivers for my 64 ddr radeon card and the latest patch for bg 2. any obvious solutions come to mind?
Old 11-26-2001, 07:01 AM   #2
Whailor

Beats me.. though, I would suggest also checking out the DirectX. See that you have it working well, launch the dxdiag program and do the video card tests. See where it fails.

Also check if you have AGP card. If it's AGP, then it's good to check whether the AGP speed is right or too high (in BIOS). Also depending on your PC's motherboard, you may want to check/install/re-install the AGP/chipset specific drivers and such. I.e. with VIA chipset motherboard you should check the 4-in-1 drivers, whether they are latest.

Check if it's the video issue or sound issue. Do the soundcard tests under dxdiag as well. It's tricky to nail the thing down, but it's possible. I had such issues too, when I got myself a new GeForce2 card (AGP slot) - could not log in to EQ or AC or play some other game, which used the 3d acceleration, always ended up with a blue screen and VxD error there. I have VIA chipset myself and 4-in-1 drivers, a bit of tweaking, newer drivers and DirectX fixed that to me.

Good luck..
Old 11-26-2001, 10:21 AM   #3
cheesus
Dungeon Master

hmmm - dxdialog? how do i do that? sorry, i'm a bit rubbish when it comes to direct x. i've got 8.1 though, so that's the latest i believe. thanks for your help!
Old 11-26-2001, 11:54 AM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by cheesus:
hmmm - dxdialog? how do i do that? sorry, i'm a bit rubbish when it comes to direct x. i've got 8.1 though, so that's the latest i believe. thanks for your help!

just run dxdiag.exe and from there you can check all your drivers and if they are all working correctly.

There could be other ways to fix this and DirectX may not be it but I do not know them personally.