Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Ive never tried Korgan, but I hear hes the best fighter in the game, which is impossable, he can only be the 2nd, the PC is allways better than an NPC of the same class. Same with ediwn, he may be the best mage in the game, but a PC mage is going to be better bottem line.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:31 PM   #2
trux

Yeah, only if your PC is a fighter. Korgan is a beast of a fighter--put an axe in his hand and he'll handle any situation.

BTW, you can delete your posts if you've posted two by accident.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 10-08-2001, 10:36 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sadly... Edwin is the best Mage in the game... ...

He is a Conjurer and has an Amulet that grants him an extra 2 spell slots per spell level... This means he can have a maximum of 8 spell slots per spell level...

7 for level 9 spells

Only a Sorcerer may be capable of dishing out more attack spells than Edwin, and even then, only barely.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-08-2001, 10:44 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

It depends, Korgan is the best fighter in the game, but in the end, you will be mightier for some reasons:

You favor the PC a lot (duh) so that means all the good stuff are put on him.
Stat wise, if you have lower stats

Well nothing really about it, but Edwin is indeed the best mage in the game without a doubt

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-09-2001, 12:01 AM   #5
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Yep. Without cheating, it would be very hard to make a better mage than Edwin. And Korgan is a pretty wicked fighter himself. With dual axes he can kick alot of ass. Sure, you could probably make a PC with slightly higher stats, and give him better items, but Korgan would still be pretty close in power.
Old 10-09-2001, 07:25 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Korgan is the best npc fighter in the game, Edwin is the best mage in the game.

------------------
NO ONE HAS EVER SAID I WAS FAIR-Death
Sigmar-Knight of HADB and Lady Lioness
Old 10-09-2001, 08:54 AM   #7
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Korgan is the best npc fighter in the game, Edwin is the best mage in the game.

that might be so but I wouldn't use em still... there are other much more intressting and fun characters

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all
Old 10-09-2001, 02:19 PM   #8
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Oh, well thanks guys, I guess I underestamited them, his amulet grants 2 extra spells for ALL spell levels? Man no wonder he gets mad when you tryto take it! Well, I suppose you could be a gnom with 19 intell, but the HAVE to be a illisionist whic sucks. By the way, sense were talking about how awsome the evil NPCs are, what about Viconia? better than Anomen? Thanks again, this really helps alot!
Old 10-09-2001, 02:26 PM   #9
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

Can Korgan be used in a Chaotic Good/ Neutral party?

Old 10-09-2001, 02:27 PM   #10
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Chaotic evil NPC's can be used in Lawfull goof if you want, just be sure to keep yor reputation at 19> and theyll be happy.