Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-22-2001, 12:56 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I am quite sure that BG2 was packed into for CDs, and BG1 also. In any case, BG1 is larger than BG2 in areas. In time and content, it may look like BG1 wasted a lot of space.

It is a good game, don't hesitate to buy it. And the meaning of huge is... huge! I mean, you can enter a house, or whatever almost everywhere!!!

Viconia's porrait in BG2 in my opinion is waay better than in BG1

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-22-2001, 11:50 PM   #12
8Ball
Dungeon Master

You should buy BGI for the simple fact that if you have Xzar and Montaron in your party (even for the short trip to Friendly Arm Inn) and Monty dies, Xzar shouts out "MONTARON! NO!....I.....NEVER....loved you!"

and the mighty meeting of Minsc will always be fondly remembered....

------------------
Who here remembers Plooty Paladin-piper, the flesh golem eating champion?!
Old 09-23-2001, 05:07 AM   #13
Sorcerer Alex

That's one bad thing about BG I - no character interactions or romances. It does make it slightly boring, but also the fact that the graphics and sound are much worse in BG I.

------------------
Arch mage of the Seldarine
[img]http://communities.msn.co.uk/_Secure/0MwAvQiIS68yaeD9h5Pse*xXpwGZdk5rCu!0NDYr4Y2SZK0RdC ylCjR7MDyOC5ObvJjS61vcf0X7eYwVxc22kBQ/BlackLich.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2001, 05:29 AM   #14
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Wats the diff. between BG, BG2, Icewind Dale and BG2 TOB? i got BG2..it rocks
Old 09-23-2001, 06:16 AM   #15
Me

Just stop playing computer, you fucked up nerd!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2001, 06:22 AM   #16
GokuZool
Lord Ao

What's your problem?
Old 09-23-2001, 09:23 AM   #17
Istaron
Banned User

BG1 rulez. It is much more fun than BG2, I think. Though, it has more areas to explore, so the third and fourth time you play it, it may be a bit boring, but the first game rocks! There are plenty of NPCs. You can acctually have good aligned pure mages and pure thieves.
The 89k exp cap is small if you were fighting BG2-monsters, just as 2.9 million would be small if you fought ToB-baddies. Besides, TotSC raises the cap.

And about differenses... you'll run when you meet ogres, and an exp-reward on 2k will make you fall of the chair on joy

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-23-2001, 12:08 PM   #18
Debaser

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
That's one bad thing about BG I - no character interactions or romances. It does make it slightly boring, but also the fact that the graphics and sound are much worse in BG I.

man, i'm actually kind of fond of the BGI graphics. in some ways, i like them better than BGII. first off, i think the paper dolls in BGI look cooler...and i like the way that the sprites onscreen are a little bigger. i think the sprites in BGII are too much on the small side...of course, there's the obvious drawback that you can't minimize the side panels, but all in all i very much like the look of BGI graphic-wise.