Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-10-2001, 12:36 PM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

I have started and re-started BG2 a few times with different PCs but so far
I think that the Archer is by far the most entering to play with. Other warriors are OK but they lose their individuality in the most hectic melees.
The Archer seems to control the pace of a fight, calmly sitting back and blasting through the enemies using the skillful strategy of the the game player.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:43 PM   #2
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

paladin, cavalier is the best..tried it yet?

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all
Old 10-10-2001, 12:45 PM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

One of these days I'll play a ranger.
I always have Minsc in my party, so
I never thought to play one. I always
thought the archer might be good.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:48 PM   #4
daeomer
Manshoon

I haven't tried a Paladin Cavalier yet. I don't really like the fact that you can't use missile weapons with this class. The bonus stats sound cool but it just doesn't seem to be that different from the other warrior classes. The archer still seems more unique and yet still effective to me.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:50 PM   #5
Haladar
Dungeon Master

I agree with lord Dragonfire, that Cavalier is the best class in the game, but archers are quite fun. Ive been thinking of playing a multiplaer game with an archer as my second character for some time now.

--------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of the Holy Temple of Aerie
Old 10-10-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
daeomer
Manshoon

I'm still a little curious about what differentiates a Cavalier from other warriors. It sounds like the Cavalier may be one of the BEST characters to play with but not necessarily the most FUN in terms of strategy etc. I am pretty sure that the Archer is not the BEST character to play with in terms of successfully completing the game but it is just entertaining and novel. I guess I will just have to try though to make a better comparison.