Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #1
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok heres the deal.

I'm a Fighter, True Neutral
Minsc (flail of ages main, daystar second)
Aerie
Jahiera
Nalia
And intill a moment ago Yoshi.

Quests completed in order
Part one of Harpers Quest and Jahiera's curse
Slavers and the TeddyBear (talked to Bodhi and turned her down)
Sewer Sword
Nalia's Keep
Windspear (killed Red Dragon)
Tanner's Quest
Jahiera and Aerie both starting to flirt, no cat fights so far...

Ok here's where it gets interesting and I need your advice.

After taking the inspectors body back to the goverment building, I decided to go rescue Vicona from the stake. I saved first and then went and saved missus dark and brooding. I then sent Yoshi back to the CC to wait and added Vicona to my party.(Rep drops to 12) I then went to the Adventurer's Markt and outfitted her.

Afterwards I wen't to Galen Bale's house and paid the 15,000

Cut scene Evil @ss escapes and takes Imoen with him, I go up a level, and now the fun begins. Aerie starts her "I cant fly anymore" whine and Vicona tells her maybe she could fly again if she jumps off a high cliff Aerie then tells Vicona that she has been watching her look at my character like shes a hungry dog and Im a steak.

Now no matter how amusing I happen to find this banter, will it ultimately lead to the two of them killing each other? And will I soon be forced to choose who my "Life Partner" will be between the three of them or will I have so much cat fighting that I won't even have the chance to romance anyone of them?

I only wanted to take Vicona to the Umar Hills do that quest and then leave her wait in the graveyard while I do Valagar's Quests. (I was thinking I should take her with me to the Underdark and should pick her back up then.)

Also another question. After the underdark can I come pick Yoshi back up or do I have the time-line backwards and should take him sooner? (ie. whats first the Asylum or the Underdark? And do you have the chance to go back or are your NPCs locked in when you start the Asylum quest?

Thanks for your time

And I hope you can help me on my way!

[This message has been edited by Wurm (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

Wurm,

asylum is first, followed by the underdark.

spoilers
if you leave Yoshi behind when your party heads to spellhold, he dies when you return to the copper coronet in chapter 6 (after escaping the underdark)

the fish city is also available between spellhold and underdark but not mandatory - you get some interesting goodies though and meet possibly the funniest beasty in the game

Kez
Old 09-27-2001, 12:20 AM   #3
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks for the info!

Ok then can I go back to Main city before the Underdark or am I stuck with the same party from that point on?

And whats up with only one answer from you people?

Someone else asks basically the same question and gets 10 to 15 replies....
how am I supposed to help others out later, if I don't recieve feedback when I ask a question myself?

Or did I somehow piss you all off?!?
Old 09-27-2001, 12:29 AM   #4
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
Thanks for the info!

Ok then can I go back to Main city before the Underdark or am I stuck with the same party from that point on?

And whats up with only one answer from you people?

Someone else asks basically the same question and gets 10 to 15 replies....
how am I supposed to help others out later, if I don't recieve feedback when I ask a question myself?

Or did I somehow piss you all off?!?
I doubt you've ever pissed me off, so I'll at least answer one question.
SPOILERs
You go back to the mainland and Akthala(sp) only after you've finished both spellhold and the underdark, so take the people you really want to spellhold.
You get tha option to have Imoen in your party again in spellhold, only she's at
the same level as when you lost her.

Old 09-27-2001, 12:38 AM   #5
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
I doubt you've ever pissed me off, so I'll at least answer one question.
SPOILERs
You go back to the mainland and Akthala(sp) only after you've finished both spellhold and the underdark, so take the people you really want to spellhold.
You get tha option to have Imoen in your party again in spellhold, only she's at
the same level as when you lost her.
Then taking Yoshi is a good idea since you have to kill him anyway, so he makes room for Imoen. Also I stocked up on spells and potions of Genius for Imoen, should I dump all my characters other than her (stay and wait) and let her level up at least once from learning spells?

Old 09-27-2001, 12:41 AM   #6
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

And I really need to know if the two women are going to kill each other or not..If they are then I need to send Vicona back to the Graveyard for now.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:11 AM   #7
G'kar

That lvl up trick for Imoen is a great Idea!!!!!!!!!! I like
I dont know about the two women though, If you keep your rep above 3 and under 18 neither of them will leave, but I cant gaurantee their safety.

Old 09-27-2001, 01:32 AM   #8
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

all of the romance women catfight but never really duke it out, so you're safe.

i do have a ? for you, though.

Quote:

Minsc (flail of ages main, daystar second)
arent minsc's starting proficiencies mace, 2H sword, and 2 weapons style (2 slots each)? he'd have to be 18th level before he was specialized in both ad that's without the vital 3rd slot in 2 weapon style. id keep the flail but upgrade the mace of disruption and let him use it and not waste points in longsword. dual-wielding two blunt weapons is very handy and the mace of disruption is way better vs undead than daystar. just my opinion.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:28 AM   #9
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
all of the romance women catfight but never really duke it out, so you're safe.

i do have a ? for you, though.

arent minsc's starting proficiencies mace, 2H sword, and 2 weapons style (2 slots each)? he'd have to be 18th level before he was specialized in both ad that's without the vital 3rd slot in 2 weapon style. id keep the flail but upgrade the mace of disruption and let him use it and not waste points in longsword. dual-wielding two blunt weapons is very handy and the mace of disruption is way better vs undead than daystar. just my opinion.
I haven't found the mace of disruption yet...daystar is just there intill I do.
(My character is a two-handed sword kind of guy) i.e. I havent done the shadow thieves quest to knock off the Vampires yet....