Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 04-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just to let ye know! [img]smile.gif[/img] Everything looks ok so far. I KNOW it is overwriting loads of stuff in the new patch though, since I see the datafiles. No worries.

The bad thing is CEP. If the release a patch today, that would be cool (or in a few days). So I could add that to my 2da files.. If not, you will have to download a patch for CEP AND for EfU when cep releases a fix, since the 2da's in EFU's hak use existing 2das with old cep files too. ugh.

I'll just fix the rest of my stuff, and worry about cep later. (I have it so the cep changes will be easy though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let me know if you see any odd things in EFU currently since this new NWN Patch, ok? Just to know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for hanging in there this long. The payoff is coming!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Had a couple of runs in levels 11 t0 13 and Trollbark.

No problems there.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Speaking of things looking different:
Vampire robes had both armor appearances last night, as did Charly's Robes of something...er, can't remember the rest. CEP type crafted items, I believe. Most of the issues with the patch that I've been following so far have been CEP related. Go CEP Team...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I noticed those as well. I purchased them both to see what was going on. It was only in the icon format that such a glitch was noticeable, as when my character put on the robes everything was as smooth as normal. Oddly enough, I had the Blue Robes Of The Archmage, and those did not have the same error happening with them. All of the weapons I had previously altered with crafting were working fine, however. I should take a look at some of the other armors I have altered with crafting to see if anything has glitched them as well.

As for the CEP Team, they are working on finalizing all the stuff for CEP version 2.0. Apparently it is being trimmed down in size to prevent such things as triplicated entries. I spent at least an hour reading through one of the threads about the latest edition of the CEP, only to be reminded about one of the latest goals of the current CEP Team: to blend smoothly with CTP, CRAP, and PRC projects. An ambitious goal to say the least, but apparently it is working out well. I am seriously thinking of adding the latest edition of the PRC to the Original Campaigns and playing through them that way. Now, if the Undermountain here could support the PRC, that would be amazing. The amount of rescripting involved would be terrifying though, I figure.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Z, when you reset the server this morning did you check the “Enforce Legal Items” box? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

My chaotic neutral fighter cannot use Durnan’s Ring of Heroes (limited to Lawful Good people only). This reward for clearing Drow from the basement was used by many of my characters of various alignments without problems. Now it is highlighted in red (can’t use). [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]
javan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The only item check box is Item Level Restrictions, ILR. If that's on, you won't be able to use most of your gear, even at lvl 40...We've seen that before. As for Durnan's Ring, if you are either Lawful, or Good, you can use it.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Nope, no changes.. Check yer alignment.. Maybe its a patch issue? Let me know if you can use it agian.. or anyone else.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

For the record I was never able to use the [set]Durnan's Ring while having the wrong alignment unless I had a rogue with a significantly high Use Magic Device rating. Even at 43, there are still some items I am incapable of using if there are enough restrictions on it. Maybe javan here was just plain too good looking for the ring to resist him before? *grins* With the patch, however, all of his charms must have been scoured away or something to that effect. *winks*

The CEP robes of [set]Charly's Robes Of The Ju'eta and the Vampire Robes are still skewed. Then again, I have not tried to retool them using Crafting Armor skills. I haven't had a character in use that had that ability and those robes at the same time. It's a minor glitch which can easily be overlooked for the time being. However, I did have a new problem (which I should also post elsewhere). I found myself attacked by Sahuagin Clerics inside of the Cult Of The Dragon High Mage's Area on Level Twelve. Invisible ones. Outside of that area by the entrance, I was assailed by invisible Sahuagin. THAT I am certain is a glitch between the CEP and the current patch.

[ 05-01-2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
The only item check box is Item Level Restrictions, ILR. If that's on, you won't be able to use most of your gear, even at lvl 40...We've seen that before. As for Durnan's Ring, if you are either Lawful, or Good, you can use it.
Either Good or Lawful... I thought you would have to be both [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I believe my character started as Chaotic Good and slipped to Chaotic Neutral when walking into the ambush on Level 2...

That would probably explain it...

thanks everyone for the responses