Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 12:16 AM   #1
draconia

Sorry I didn't ask you that question last night. I crashed. I read somewhere that you like to climb. I was wondering if you liked to climb cliffs too. I don't know if you have ever heard of them but I live right next to some cliffs called the Bookcliff Mountians. I know that some ppl like to come here and climb them. I use to like to climb mountains but having kids doesn't leave me much time for that. I was just curious.

Old 01-31-2001, 12:18 AM   #2
fighter-thief

ill keep it short just saying hello

Old 01-31-2001, 12:22 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Memnoch,

if ever you come in France to climb the Mont Blanc,

please come to my home and say hello.
Old 01-31-2001, 01:47 PM   #4
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yeah moiraine in April we go skiing in Alpe-d'Huez
BTW memnoch
how ya like my new Sighnature?
does this remember you of someone?
Old 02-01-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
draconia

Memnoch, I am not sure why it's named Bookcliff. I can find out. I know that there is suppose to be some stuff hidden up there. I cannot remember the name of the guy who went thru Green River and went into the Bookcliffs. It just might be something that someone made up about stuff hidden there. Yes, I live in Green River Utah. There is alot of pretty scenery here. There is alot of history here to. I know that some of the famous outlaws of the US use to hide out here. There are alot of movies filmed out here in this area. The movie Cadillac Moon with Ted Dansen, was filmed on the old highway about 1 mile out of town. There was another movie that I can think of off the top of my head is Geronimo An American Legend. Alot of that movie was filmed here and I reconize alot of the places. Some of John Wayne's movies were also filmed here. The movie Thelma and Louise, the scene where they cross the railroad tracks and when they blew up the big truck was filmed about 20 miles out of Green River. I know that there are so many more but I can't think of all of them.

Old 02-01-2001, 03:24 AM   #6
draconia

I am just bumping this so you can see it Memnoch.

Old 02-01-2001, 03:54 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Draconia, I don't normally climb as a rule, but I had to with Uluru. I've hiked along mountain paths, but climbing Uluru (Ayers Rock) was the first serious climb I did. It was a good workout, let me tell you! Uluru is basically the world's largest piece of rock. It rises 300 meters (1000 feet into the air) and the sides are at a 50 degree incline. And there's no handrails or anything. Plus it's so windy when you get near the top, you're trying to balance on ridges that are a couple of feet wide and a few people have been blown off and plummeted to their deaths (which is why the Aborigines don't like people climbing it). But as long as you're careful and show proper respect to what to them is a sacred site it's ok! Here's a link if you want to see how steep this thing is!!!

If you enjoy climbing, you would enjoy this, Draconia!!
Old 02-01-2001, 04:12 AM   #8
draconia

WOW, that is steep. It looks like fun to climb. What a rock. My legs are tired just thinking about climbing that. I can send you a picture of the Bookcliffs if you like. I see them everyday from my living room window. I think I would love to climb that big rock. I would love to go to Australia. Maybe someday.

Old 02-01-2001, 04:14 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'd like that! Email it to me on mestacio@one.net.au

Funnily enough i wasn't that sore the next day. My sister couldn't move

You should visit Australia, it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world, such diverse scenery, and the people are so friendly!
Old 02-01-2001, 04:15 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine, absolutely! Enchante!