Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 03:04 PM   #41
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Hear Hear Magik.

And people. Please stop with the petty sniping. Like it or lump it. George Bush is our President. Get behind him, and support him in this time of national crisis. Dont be petty and tear him down. For all of those outside the US, please dont snipe at our Chief Exec. now is not the right time to engage in political sniping. You are very likely to get rather viciously bitten by people who would normally be very nice. We, as a general rule, have a tendency to forget all of our differences in the face of outside threat, and nuke said threat back to the stone age.

Thee against Me...but Thee *AND* Me against an outside enemy.
I'll lump it thank you. You all can force me to keep my opinions to myself but you can't make me (censored to show respect for your feelings)

Don't forget, sir that just because we are all going through a crisis right now that we have to stand behind a man censored to show respect for your feelings

We who have differing opinions of yours regarding President Bush have just as much right to respect as you.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 03:08 PM   #42
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I'll lump it thank you. You all can force me to keep my opinions to myself but you can't make me (censored to show respect for your feelings)

Don't forget, sir that just because we are all going through a crisis right now that we have to stand behind a man censored to show respect for your feelings

We who have differing opinions of yours regarding President Bush have just as much right to respect as you.

You take offense by Nachtrafe saying that we americans should stand behind our leader in this difficult time? Who else would you recommend standing behind? I'm not trying to argue, but I don't know what you would suggest. Nachtrafe didn't say he loved Bush anywhere in his post, he just said we should support our leader. I agree. I hope all Americans agree.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:14 PM   #43
MagiK

Moni, Did G.W.B. 2nd do something to you personally? I've never seen such venomous hate for a person in someone who has never actually met the guy..so Im guessing you have some personal grudge....just curious...odd that such a deep hate can exist for someone we don't even interact with.

The last line of your post cnfused the heck out of me.

I [i]do love you and out of respect for you, I will be more careful about what I say about Mr. Bush

Im confused do you know me? (Sorry I havnt figured out how to quote properly)

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #44
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, all respect for the American president, but Bush learnt that his country is not invulnerable. But it still is the worst and SICKEST thing ever happend. I care more for all those poor people that had to suffer because of this and they need a good leader to lead them back from where they originally were, I hope for president Bush that he'll be able to do that.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:23 PM   #45
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
Well, all respect for the American president, but Bush learnt that his country is not invulnerable.

I'm sorry that you thought that this is a lesson we needed. It appears you weren't alone with that sentiment.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:25 PM   #46
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Moni, I'm not asking you to respect my feelings. I dont give a damn what you think of my feelings. I *DO* give a damn about the fact that my(and *YOUR*) country has been attacked by scum sucking terrorists. And I'm equally concerned that people seem hell bent on disparaging our leader in this time of national emergency. You dont have to like President Bush. But you *DO* have to respect the fact that he is President. He is our national leader and our Commander In Chief. He is the man now responsible for our safety and well being in the time ahead. Dont like him...fine, I dont care. But have some respect and dont disparage him. Now is *NOT* the time!
Old 09-11-2001, 03:26 PM   #47
skywalker
Banned User

I say Stop This Right Now!!!!!!!

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 03:27 PM   #48
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I say Stop This Right Now!!!!!!!

Mark

I'm assuming that you mean the disparagement of our president?

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #49
Moni

Milamber,

I'll support my fellow countrymen with all the gusto I have.

It doesn't mean that I can be made to set here and support George Bush Jr.

Now if you don't mind, I promised someone else that I would say no more about President Bush so I would appreciate it if I am no longer quoted and badgered for the way I feel.

I know Nachtrafe supports Bush, I know this from our initial meeting at MH.
Just because he does, does not mean that he or you should demand that I do.

I agreed to set my feelings aside prior to Nachtrafe even posting here and I didn't appreciate Nachtrafe coming back after the fact and quoting Majik's post getting on my case for it, praising him and telling all of us what we should do when I had already made my apology and my promise to remain quiet about it.

In spite of my post appearing after Nachtrafe's NOW, it WAS right up at the top of this page but was screwing up the thread on my end and because of it I could not read any posts beyond it so I deleted it and reposted it only to see when the page loaded, what Nachtrafe had said...I hope I have made myself clear, I would hate it if I am yet again forced to repeat myself over and over on this board because people refuse to have any respect for my feelings, my point of view and what I try to say that gets twisted because people want to play mean.

I'll leave first. I am really tired of it and this is not the day for it.

I am just as deserving of respect as those who support Bush and want nothing derogatory said in regard to him.
Please respect my promise to MajiK and leave me alone on this issue until a more appropriate day for me to be allowed to voice my opinion without angering others with them.

Thank you.

I love you too.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:30 PM   #50
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Moni, I'm not asking you to respect my feelings. I dont give a damn what you think of my feelings. I *DO* give a damn about the fact that my(and *YOUR*) country has been attacked by scum sucking terrorists. And I'm equally concerned that people seem hell bent on disparaging our leader in this time of national emergency. You dont have to like President Bush. But you *DO* have to respect the fact that he is President. He is our national leader and our Commander In Chief. He is the man now responsible for our safety and well being in the time ahead. Dont like him...fine, I dont care. But have some respect and dont disparage him. Now is *NOT* the time!
If you had followed this thread, you would have seen that I had prior to your post agreed to keep my opinion to myself.

I won't say anything else except that you need to chill dude.

Peace Please!

------------------