Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-18-2003, 08:15 AM   #11
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Before i come in here i was going to say your musical taste sucks.. but just as a joke and all. hehe

then i saw King Crimson.. damn i love this thanks antryG.. your musical taste rips.. Islands... great stuff.. Robert Fripp great stuff.

plus i liked ministry lots and this album you mentioned especially.. and others to jesus loved my hot rod i loved that tune but havent heard it in years.. yep.. oh.. antryG your musical taste is bang on...
Old 01-18-2003, 08:39 AM   #12
purre
Banned

Heh,there is nothing wrong with your musical taste! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] have heard of them all (well,not every song) and nothing wrong with them,quite nice actually,specially Hendrix eventhough they arent on my top ten list

[ 01-18-2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: purre ]
Old 01-18-2003, 10:52 AM   #13
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

I was never wild about King Crimson or Ministry but the rest of your list is great stuff. I would have picked another one by Pink Floyd though. Dark Side Of The Moon, or The Division Bell.

And all Stevie Ray Vaugn is good stuff.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #14
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I like the jimmie on there, and I like the respect by old school syd barret floyd, but floyd has much better albums than umma gumma, and I dont see zepplin on there. . .
Old 01-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I... uh... EN... uh... JOY... uh... ROCK... uh... AND... UM... Jimmy ... was da... bomb? ...I can't do this... It was simply never meant to be T_T I might have grown up during the time but I just didnt get into popular music... and I doubt i ever will...
Old 01-18-2003, 02:31 PM   #16
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Look at homer go!!!!

[img]graemlins/homer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lightning.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
UMMAGUMMA Pink Floyd
You sir are an insane person. Careful with that Axe!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-18-2003, 04:52 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well antryg, uh...well, maybe we can sing commercial ditties if we ever have to share space! LOL I can stomach Pink Floyd in small quantities but the rest... ummmm... ahem.. let's just say, I'm not likely to buy any of your old cd's! LOL
Old 01-18-2003, 09:52 PM   #19
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Pink Floyd and Neil Young would get into my top ten. Ummagumma is nice, an album among their best ones from an unappreciated era.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:54 PM   #20
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I appreciate all the comments. Obviously personal favorites will differ because we are all different. What made these CD's tops with me is that they speak to different moods or times in my life. Each of these are albums which I go back to again and again. For instance I have worn out 2 albums, 1 8-track, 2 cassetes, and 1 CD of Jethro Tull's Benefit. I have been listening to this album for 30 years. Even people who listen to and like Jethro Tull are not likely to choose this as their favorite Tull album. Some things don't make the list simply because they aren't old enough for me to keep coming back to them. If I made a favorite list by decade it would be much more to the liking of some (especially you youngsters ).
Sir Krustin: I actually do listen to a lot of music you like however my idea of Hell is a world where the only music allowed is 80's! [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Wellard: If you can't get your aggression out by listening to "So What" or "Burning Inside" then you need to be on something stronger than prozac
/)eathkiller: I wouldn't even try to take you out of the world in which you live.
Yorick: How did you know my name is Eugene?
Cloudy: *sings* Hot Dogs. Armour hot dogs! What kind of kids eat.....