Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2000, 09:46 PM   #1
J.C. Denton

Hey,

I am stuck in the Vale of Shadows part. I have been to all the crypts and battled my way through the last big one up
until the second level. In the second part of the last crypt there are two doors and a switch on a pole. I know the switch is to open the main door with the gears but I dont have a key for it. There are two other doors that are kinda hidden but they are both locked. I have checked everywhere for keys and I have an all fighter party so I have no luck picking the lot. I also checked all the corpses but there is nothing. Please help me
Old 10-17-2000, 11:00 PM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't think of the name off-hand, but you need the bear-paw amulet to open the lock. It should be in the bottom half of that room, probably hidden in a chest somewhere. Keep looking for the hidden doors/traps in the lower half of the area, and you should find it.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2000, 09:27 PM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

yeah actually the bear paw amulet is like..the only good quest item that has any use at all..at the end of the game i was still using it..(more of a lack of useful amulets than its properties though)
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2000, 08:03 PM   #4
deathblow

I totally agree. I have my mage wear it for the HP boost.
Old 10-21-2000, 08:46 AM   #5
burobu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the bear paw amulet is behind one of those locked doors you mentioned. You'll have to go back and look for a key to enter the first of those doors - you must have missed one.

Pity you don't have a theif. Though they wouldn't be able to unlock those doors their 'Find/Disable Traps' skill might come in handy...
burobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 07:51 AM   #6
Silverback

So do you have to just hang out by the post with detect traps on and it'll appear or what? I wasted about 20 minutes walking in and out of these rooms and still havn't found this stupid switch to let me into the last room. ARGH!
Old 10-27-2000, 01:32 PM   #7
dimon

No detect traps is needed. Just move your mouse near the column behind which the skeletal mage was standing. I found it before I even saw the door.
Old 11-25-2000, 05:53 AM   #8
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

You've obviously missed something back the way you came. You obviously have missed a sacrophagus or something with the required key in it, I have about 4 or 5 keys at this stage. Otherwise go to one set of the gears on either side and get the information off them. It basically says the the gears are rusty and look unused for some time perhaps a switch operates them. Try it again after getting this info, it that doesn't work go back through the tombs, perhaps the key is in a locked area where you'll need to break open the container. You've simply failed to notice something.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote