Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #31
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn1:
Championship Manager, it even has an addictivness rating. I think i'm at 'relationship warning' [img]smile.gif[/img]
Haha, I'm only on "Time to change your underwear". And yeah, those games top my bill. I've missed school and work for them, and on one memorable occasion, explained to my then girlfriend that she couldn't come over because the season was coming to a climax and I needed no distraction. She dumped me and told all my friends why. It hurt. Oh God.
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:32 AM   #32
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brayf:
Haha, I'm only on "Time to change your underwear". And yeah, those games top my bill. I've missed school and work for them, and on one memorable occasion, explained to my then girlfriend that she couldn't come over because the season was coming to a climax and I needed no distraction. She dumped me and told all my friends why. It hurt. Oh God. [/QB]
You really should think of a better excuse mate!

Well, yet more WC3 came my way last night, until 4am. I'm wishing I didn't have to go to work tonight, so I could continue, but sadly, I must get out.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #33
JOE030303
The Magister

has to be wizardry 8 played it six times
JOE030303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #34
Lucern
Quintesson

Jagged Alliance: Deadly games, and later, its sequel were quite addicting for me, micromanaging the lives of 18 mercenaries in their guerilla war.

Aside from Silent Storm, that's pretty much all there is as a legacy for the old XCOM style games (also extremely addictive).

I could go into a trance playing Master of Magic, and later the Age of Wonders series too. Empire games, especially fantasy ones, have that effect on me. With some games I spend more time with the editors than the actual game, like Age of Wonders 1. I grew tired of NWN's style of play in a matter of hours, but spent weeks with the editor before realizing that lol.

I couldn't stop playing Pool of Radience either, the original, even though it was like 1998 before I played it lol.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #35
SuperChief
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting topic,my opinion they are all addictive. Right now it is Betrayal at Krondor for an RPG, FRAU and gathering material for an ADnD Module for Dungeon Craft. Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures have tons of free modules out on the net to keep any DnD buff satisfied.

In the past it was
Flight sims: Red Baron and Freespace.

Strategy sim:TotalWar:Medieval War/Viking Invasion and TotalWar:Shogun.

World War II: Battle Front's Barbarosa to Berlin and Africa Korp. These are 3D squad and tank combat sims. My opinion again the best out for Battalion and company tactics.

Years ago it was Talonsoft Battleground series Civil War and Napoleonic games, and Steel Panthers World at War. I forgot Age of Rifles, Silent Service 2,Masters of Orion and SSI's Great Naval battle series.

It all depends on the type of game, so if I get burnt out on one type I have another. When I have time I collect old DOS games off the Net. Those oldies are still good, even though thier graphics and music are dated.

To let ya know how old I am ,I have and I still play a great tactical starship sim called Begin.
Now those where the days of DOS and early 8088s.
We have come along way from that dinosaur to the hot machines of today. I thought I was hot upgrading my 8088 with a 20 meg harddrive back then. Thank God for the emulators such as DOSBOX and VDMSsound other wise I would not be able to enjoy those old DOS greats on my XP system.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #36
Lucern
Quintesson

I also enjoyed Battlefront's games, though I only played the first one...Operation Overlord? It was really the best I've seen for any strictly battlefield game. In the sequels did they get around to making squad sizes more appropriate? In the one I played a squad of 7 would be represented by 3 very large men.

And I just spent the last 5 hours playind Dawn of War. Ahhhh.

"Urge to kill, falling...Rising!...Falling..."
- Homer
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #37
Charean
Hathor

Light Bulb

I am really going to show my age here, but my most addictive games were

tetris
bejeweled

and also

Diablo (with the hacks online)
BG games

the newest for me is Pocket Tanks and Uplink.

Pathetic, huh?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #38
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

AH, tetris.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:58 AM   #39
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Must be WOW !!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #40
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

NBA Live Series and Madden 2005. man one of the reasons you get hooked to these games is because it takes time to win one game. LOL I prefer madden with the 16 game format and not like the NBA with 82 games. [img]smile.gif[/img] I tend to role play these games also so the Franchise Mode really rocks...

Warcraft III, but then i hate to admit I am still rusty with Single Player. I never play online so I am stuck with the CPU which I am not really bothered about but... I can't seem to beat the PC... embarassing.

BG II. I had to re-do my characters over and over again it was frustrating. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote